Is seed sex determination set?

Does defoliating affect plant growth ?should you flush? What about the 2 day dark cycle ? All things some people believe in and some people don’t …so I’m afraid you will never get a definite answer my friend

You’re trying to be funny?

4 Likes

It is hilarious actually . Almost as funny as seeing this same topic brought up for the millionth time.

4 Likes

Aren’t you grand. Comes across as transphobic a bit.

6 Likes

Some day I hope to be as grand as yourself. With a little bit of luck and obviously lots of hard work , I just might make it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Greenhighlander, I appreciate when someone reveals their character early.

3 Likes

Right back at ya champ

2 Likes

here’s the thing, and I’ve been reading…
There’s a distinct possibility the flower expression is on the female part of the chromosome, right? So both male flower and female flower DNA code reside in the female part. Then a hormone exposure, ethylene starts female flower productivity. Once you block that(stress, sts, light poison, colloidal, etc), you get male flower productivity out of the same plant.

5 Likes

That’s pretty much my understanding. The plant will produce male flowers if no ethylene is present. Genetically speaking the plant is still female (XX) though.

6 Likes

I don’t remember even where I read that. It seemed to answer so many questions though, I was impressed. Do you remember where you read that? I’d like to go back over the details.

2 Likes

I appreciate the thoughtful conversation folks! So many amazing intellects in this community :heart_eyes::v:

3 Likes

OMG! I looked it up and read some scientific studies. They are brilliant!!!
read this snippet

3 Likes

I admit it, I’m not one to read scientific journals. Thanks for filtering it down for the layman, you too @ReikoX

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was a thread about reversing males by Sam_Skunkman on ICMag. It might be in Marijuana Botany by R.C. Clarke

2 Likes

“revealed that their reproductive commitment may occur as soon as the leaves of the fourth node emerge”

So before that sex was undetermined?

1 Like

Naw that’s when you can physically see the sex of the plant under a microscope on certain varieties.

3 Likes

Marijuana botany, I’m pretty sure, because It was definitely a physical book. The scientific articles are using dna analysis… mmm good stuff.

3 Likes

lol damned guy, I re-read marijuana botany and he recommends growing by the cycles of the moon. ohh my. That book didn’t have the info I wanted, but these studies I’m reading are using modern scientific tools.

3 Likes

Bro if I don’t like your science I’ll get my own thank you very much!
:wink:

2 Likes

The associated published pdf:

moliterni2004.pdf (471.0 KB)

4 Likes