Is the industry harvest standard WET weight, or final DRIED?

I see this all this time:

600g/m2 to 1KG per plant

Square meter. I get it. About 3x3.

But is that 600 grams wet, so about 150 grams dry?

2 Likes

Good golly, you are carpet bombing threads, lol.

10 Likes

I don’t mean to be! I try to be careful to not ask dumb, duplicative questions before I post.

Also, I’m simply not very bright and I’ve been on my own for a while – so I’m stockpiled with dumb questions. :slight_smile:

I’ll watch my bombing. Thanks. :wink:

6 Likes

No worries man, I am not the thread police, lol. I just try to read all new threads and ran into a few from you pretty close together. You do you man, all good. :v:

6 Likes

The weights the seed providers state the plants are grown under 100% optimal conditions. The environment, nutrient and light levels are kept perfect. Us home growers couldn’t afford that.
I’ll also mention most commercial breeders way over exaggerate the yields to pull in the less knowledgeable customers like yourself.
Edit.
To answer the question properly its supposedly the dry weight.
If you can get 1g per 1w of light you provide dry you’ve done very very well.

9 Likes

If this is from a breeder, it means basically nothing. 1) Honesty is in very short supply in that industry and 2) Yield is highly dependent on individual growing style and environment, veg time, etc. It’s impossible to guess how much a plant would yield without knowing veg time for sure, but also pot/substrate size, indoor vs outdoor, soil vs hydro, lighting, from cut or seed, etc. 2 weeks of veg time and 6 weeks of veg time will get radically different results, of course

To answer your question, dry weight is the only weight that matters. Anybody talking about wet weight is just going to confuse people.

5 Likes

This is how it’s advertised for an outdoor plant grown in ideal conditions.

5 Likes

This is how it’s advertised for indoor. It’s SOG in a square meter under 1000w hid and the weight should be an average dry weight

10 Likes

I bet I don’t get half of that. But I’m working on it.

3 Likes

That is a metric, I do not ever pay any attention to.
That may be helpful to the really smart folks, but I do not run in those circles, LOL!

2 Likes

That is the easiest way I’ve been explained it in order to visualize that number, thank you!

3 Likes

1g per 1w dry is quite a bit. I’ve only done that once w/ an hps.

1 Like

Thank you. This is what I’m getting from ya’ll:

• It’s dry weight
  • Like “flowering time,” it’s measured inexactly and is somewhat fictional marketing-speak
  • Worry about the air, water, light, etc., and stop comparing d*ck size.
1 Like

This is great, thanks – this .5 - 1g per watt figure gives me a ballpark to shoot for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I can stop trying to picture big cubes in my tent now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

great answer, man, thank you

1 Like

Cubes like this?

Ps. Not my picture, stolen from google lol, I’d say that’s a 4x4 but you get the idea :grin:

2 Likes

No, this. :slight_smile: image

1 Like

Oh lmao I thought you meant big rockwool cubes

1 Like

You can imagine how stupid I felt, muttering to myself, “WTF? How many of these bushes are gonna fit in that box?”

1 Like