Is this fusarium?

Yes. They’re made of matter, which is made of chemicals. They’re natural, not synthetic, that’s the distinction.

3 Likes

You’re missing out on a whole world of flavors :rofl:

And @George as @Cormoran said, many things are chemicals like oxygen and water, natural vs synthetic is the distinction when thinking about something made in a lab bs in nature like an orange

6 Likes

Since this post is so poppin, any other opinions on what’s going on with my plant?
As I said, I suspect fusarium root rot, but if that’s the case I don’t want to go digging in the soil and sitting up spores of it and whatever else to check the roots.
Hopefully she rides out the next 3-4 weeks and finished okay

1 Like

What do you have the plant in? Can you pull it out of the pot easily to look at the roots?

The leaf damage also resembles a severe P-K issue…
When is the last time you flushed them, and checked the run-off??
Flush-- follow with good bloom nutes…couldn’t hurt!
Also-- if you cut off a lower branch and look at the cross-section…fusarium appears as a dark ring inside the stem!!

4 Likes

Now it’s me laughing at this :grin:, if there’s an organism (OMRI) checking all components to make sure everything’s organic, that’s because they think they are safer and healthier, organic grows are always preferred because of that, no chemicals or pesticides involved …

This is the point, in this case it’s natural …

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense, there are OMRI chemicals and pesticides… I think there is a disconnect in your understanding of what a chemical actually is. I’m not sure what else to say.

2 Likes

That, unfortunately, is a lot tougher… as @George mentioned, a lot of the symptoms of various plant illnesses basically look the same. Most of the time when I’m diagnosing my own problems, I’m going off what I’ve been doing in the past and guesswork rather than actually reading the plant. It could be root rot, could be deficiency, could be excess or pH imbalance causing lockout for that matter. It could just be this, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

OMRI checking for organic inputs is about it being safer and healthier for the environment, not humans, as far as I know. They don’t guarantee safety in organic inputs. Personally, I do believe natural inputs are safer simply because human beings haven’t been involved, and human beings have a tend to cut corners when money is involved… but that’s not about science, just human nature.

3 Likes

OMRI makes sure that the products we use to grow organic crops are authentically organic . An OMRI-listed product has been tested to make sure that it is compatible with the practices of organic farming,

No chemicals and pesticides are organic, like Dr. Zymes, what are you missing?

… Huh… I’m really confused now, because Dr Zymes main ingredient is citric acid, which is a chemical, and it’s also OMRI listed?

It uses naturally-produced citric acid rather than synthetically-produced. Technically, that makes it organic. :man_shrugging: If it used chemically-identical citric acid produced in a lab, it wouldn’t be organic - at least, not OMRI-listed. Organic also has another meaning in chemistry, i.e. organic vs inorganic compounds - fairly sure that’s just about the placement of the carbon bonds. That’s yet another source for confusion, unfortunately.

3 Likes

If that citric acid’s origin is from the fermentation process of organic matter and fungii it is natural, not synthetic, can you understand that?

ok you’re right.

1 Like

I think it’s the first time we agree on something, cheers … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

The citric acid appears to made from Aspergillus . I’m surprised no one mentions this.

1 Like

I would turn off the blumat for a couple of days and see what happens.

1 Like

yah i turned them down, the most effected plant a little more. i think the drip ring was a bit clogged and dripping to the back of the pot but not near the sensor so like 3/4 of the pot was getting overwatered. found a little runoff the other day and the sensor area was dry

2 Likes