Need help please not sure what to do

So I have 3 or 4 plants rn that appear to maybe have a calcium deficiency or nitrogen? Idk I’ve tried lightly feeding it a few things over the span of about 3 weeks. They get R.O. water so nutrient uptake shouldn’t be the issue I feel like. Maybe it’s to low for some to be taken in? ! RH is 45%
I’m using organicare true earth soil and my nutes I use are as needed with the down to earth line and the roots organic line (uprising grow) (boost) and (bloom) the temp on here is usually between 73 and 78 sorry if youre not a fan of the lights.
20230828_192647|500x500

5 Likes

More details needed.

Brand of nutes?
Coco? Soil? Hydro?
RH… Temps?

We need the details to given you a diagnosis my friend.

5 Likes

Also, please post a pic with white light. I can see something looks wrong on the leaves, but the blurple makes it hard to see clearly.

5 Likes

RH is 45%
I’m using organicare true earth soil and my nutes I use are as needed with the down to earth line and the roots organic line (uprising grow) (boost) and (bloom) the temp on here is usually between 73 and 78

1 Like

All of the above already requested, I see some burnt leaf tips so they’re probably not hungry, what week of flower are they in? Could just be sinesence?

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to take a pic with different light than what I have lol. It’s crazy cause the light only looks blurple in pictures. Very normal looking light to the naked eye

1 Like

Best I can do for ya

3 Likes

Turn your blurples off for a few and find yourself a good white light. When I ran blurples I kept around an extension cord with a hanging light at the end of it with a good 5k bulb lol

1 Like

I’m in a room with no other lights lol all I have rn is the flash on the phone.

2 Likes

I would agree with this statement but I’m not a soil guy. I’d ask @AzSeaindooin420 he is a soil master.

Your soil looks like it might be hot and on top of feeding things in it might be an overload.

Also if you’re under LED your temps are pretty cold. LED’s don’t throw the same IR heat as the oldschool lights so you’re more likely to experience deficiencies. I typically run my tent’s around 80-82* F.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I tagged @AzSeaindooin420 I’m sure he’ll stop by shortly and give you some good advice.

2 Likes

Im just seeing a fade, keep an eye on it though. Lower leaves for a plant is just Mobile nutrients so the plant will always start to consume it’s lowers to give it the nutrients it needs to push it’s flowers, once they are yellow I just pluck em as they don’t benefit the plant anymore but not uncommon to see in 3-5 weeks into flower and why I usually try to make sure they get a nice heavier compost tea feeding on the last flower tea before switching to finishing tea so they got all the punch they need

Rust spots are usually a calcium which can easily be added by simply top dressing with eggshells or throw some ground oyster shell or oyster shell flower topdressed or in a tea, but can also be pH so def check that.

Also looking closer your leaf tips look lighter than the rest of the new growth leaf which also indicates a possible pH just slightly throwing uptake unavailable on something and a watering allowing uptake in the last few days.

Sometimes salt build up can cause these weird issues and if ur able to make a tea I’d get one brewing right away and then in the morning before you feed it give a nice flush out of the soil, wait 15 min to allow salts to dissolve and blast it again then feed the tea concentrated in half the amounts back into your soil. That would be the simplest solution

Went scrolling in closer again and I see a bunch of dots on the tops of ur leaves, have u looked on the bottoms of em for bugs?

7 Likes

Compost & Humus are your soils friends. Check for thrips…:rooster:

4 Likes

No bugs sir!

2 Likes

I am seeing lots of spots on your leaves. There appears to be some type of pest working your leaves over.

I would get a loop/scope 10+ and very slowly & carefully check the underside of your leaves. Start with the leaves with the most damage spots on the leaves. The pest that are causing the leave spots may be way to small for you to see with the eye. The more magnification when checking for pest on the underside of the leaves the better.

When admiring your plants be aware that little spots like this on your leaves need to be addressed immediately. :warning:

I am sure @George will be along anytime to assist…

Just my .02. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

looks like spider mite damage.

3 Likes

i dont think so either. those spots look similar to mite/bugs - but i dont think they are actually pests - they look more to me like an advanced calcium issue (could be an actual deficiency or lock-out) (please note NOT cal/mag, but just calcium). plus calcium issues arise in RO frequently (and those marks/spots are way to pronounced/noticeable/egregious for you not to have spotted any bugs, or webs by now - but i could be wrong)

an advanced calcium def/issue looks just like this, which looks just where your leaves are headed at:

carenciA-CALCIO-1-600x412

3 Likes

Good call, I agree they could be mites, here’s an affected leave and pretty looks like… beer3|nullxnull

spider mites1

2 Likes

is that photo from OP? didnt see that. that looks sus, def.

1 Like