Is this fusarium?

I’m thinking it is… I first noticed the one pollinated branch had leaves turned down looking overwatered, but the rest of the plant was fine. A few days passed and yesterday I saw a shriveled floppy leaf that got me concerned and googling. I cut it off and went about my day.
I’ve been thinking all 3 plants are fading a bit odd, they’re not being fed heavy and mostly organic so I wouldn’t expect any burn, but now I’m reading that burnt curled up tips are another sign of fusarium it sounds like?
Should I cut off the affected branch or let it ride?
I assume remove any leaves with brown tips so there’s not dead tissue for microbes or spores to propagate on?
Sounds like fusarium brings risk of bud rot too, any way to help avoid that like some Dr zymes spray to make sure spores aren’t on any bud surfaces?
End of week 7 tomorrow so these girls still have a bit to go…

Most effected plant, noticed a dead tip pulled it with tweezers and it split down the center, xylem doesn’t look good… also some bumps on the stem which I’m seeing as another telltale sign…

Burnt curled leaves on the other plants

Canopy looks okay, but I’m noticing water uptake through my blumats has dramatically slowed very suddenly…
Also when I did some defoliation to help airflow the other day, the first plant and the one most affected dropped most lower fan leaves with a slight touch, almost lollipoped herself.

6 Likes

Also since it’s a seeded branch I assume i should toss the seeds?

1 Like

The plant show a fungi attack yes, fusarium i don’t know.

Can be this sucker, or the long translucid version one (I don’t remember the name).

3 Likes

I agree it could be the Eurasian Hemp Borer if just one branch is affected, this looks like the hole he makes:

but as the rest of the plants are affected I would think about root rot (is your soil dump?), as defolation goes upwards from the bottom. This damage looks like root rot or stem rot consecuences going through the inside of the stem (check it if possible)

Here’s an example of stem rot:

Stem rot

I wouldn’t spray any chemicals to the buds, it’s too late for that, check the roots and cut any damaged stem or branch, sterilize your scissors between one cut and another so you don’t propagate, check the inside of damaged stems … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

I guess I didn’t realize there were types of fusarium, I thought it was always a root borne pathogen. No actual holes in the stem, but the one end of a petiole I grabbed with tweezers to pull at because it looked like it was dying, it ripped right in half as I tried to get the best picture possible of, and the xylem looks a bit brown/almost red to me.
I squeezed the stems in a number of places to see if any were soft/mushy and no problems there…

Just to note Dr zymes isn’t anything chemical and can be sprayed up until harvest and used as a bud wash agent too. Haven’t ever used it myself but I know one of the uses they say is PM so if I was looking at the options of buds definitely being contaminated or spraying some zymes to try to save them I’d opt the zymes.
That wasn’t a huge concern here, just not sure exactly what I’m dealing with and trying to be overly precautious. I’ll just continue to remove any leaves as they start to die.
I prefer just snapping them off so I don’t have to worry about scissor contam, but you always end up needing the scissors eventually

These are some pretty old cuts from topping the plants months ago in veg, the top pic area has looked the same since, the bottom one the tip shrinking and rotting is new and a reason I was suspecting fusarium root rot

Guess I don’t have much of an option to ride it out and see how they all finish, as I said the canopy looks fine for now, looks like I might loose this seeded branch though

1 Like

Check this out … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

This is nit picking, but citric acid is
absolutely a chemical.

https://doctorzymes.com/mo/natural-non-toxic-insecticide.html

3 Likes

Our citric acid is derived from a fermentation process. This is the only method OMRI recognizes in order to be OMRI listed.

Seems natural … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean it’s not a chemical.

1 Like

That’s fine, it’s a chemical. Organic substances can be chemicals, as cited by the chemical data sheet I posted and my wife.

1 Like

If it’s accepted by the OMRI that means it’s organic …

That doesn’t mean it’s not a chemical…
Example, why is spinosad banned on flower in many states? It’s OMRI, but banned.

1 Like

When I think about chemicals I picture a laboratory with everything clean, people using white lab coats and mixing chemical components, anything coming from a natural process (fermantation) with natural ingredients it’s not chemical, it’s safe to use for organic grows so no much to say, it can be sprayed with no harm at all for humans …

Thats just blatantly false though. Just because that’s what you think doesn’t mean it’s the reality of the situation.

Effects of Rotenone, a Commonly-Used Organic Pesticide on Mitochondrial Complex 1 Function and Altered Immune Responses | Center for Agriculture, Food, and the Environment.

Citric acid is absolutely a chemical… so is water, or oxygen. Basically everything is a chemical. The distinction is natural or synthetic; and as @JustANobody says, natural doesn’t mean safe. Hydrochloric acid and cyanide are both natural too, but I’m not about to go garnishing my meals with them. That said, you’re absolutely right when you say this is nitpicking. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My wife laughed, they use citric acid in their lab so she found this funny. It has a CAS number.

Oh yeah, oranges have citric acid, so … they are chemical? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

1 Like

It 100% is, but it’s an opportunity to educate. Just because something is organic doesn’t automatically make something healthy.

2 Likes

Yes it’s a chemical compound in citrus fruits.