Is this PM? What can I do?

Hi all,

First time outdoor for me. Upstate NY, so very humid, lots of rain, not too much sun.

Plants had been doing great until I found these spots today after a few days without sun…pretty sure this is PM. I know my buddys @JAWS and @Upstate would probably know?

Strain is Casey Jones, which I always grew indoors before without issues. Plants are in a greenhouse and I have the “windows” and door with just the bug screen. I thought that would give good air exchange in there, but still seems to be too much humidity. Would it be less likely outside the greenhouse? I thought it should help against getting rained on. Kind of pick your poison.

What can I do? Is this all lost? Both plants are affected, so no point in separating them now I guess. Any point in plugging what is affected and keep watching?

4 Likes

Use the search function to bring up a number of powdery mildew treatment options. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hypochlorous acid is my go to for combating PM. Kills PM on contact. If I suspect it I just douse the affected areas and look over the plant to be sure I took care of anything suspect. I use my 500ppm solution at around 3 parts HA to 1 part water. Always does the trick for me. You can check out the thread on Hypochlorous acid pretty informative and a great tool in the garden.

5 Likes

Yes you have PM. Usually it happens from over watering imo and some strains can contract it easier than some.

Check out @JoeCrowe PM thread he studies it the most here :peace_symbol: probably studies it more then anywhere lol

6 Likes

Thanks, I did water them after almost 2 weeks outside before the PM started to pop up, so that makes sense.

2 Likes

Thank you, is it safe to use during flower? Id just use it on the affected areas of course. But plants started to flower a week or so ago

2 Likes

You running these plants indoors or outdoors?

1 Like

I wonder if there’s also thrips damageicon_e_confused|nullxnull, try to wipe it out to see if those scratches remain…beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

lol! Reminds me I was listening to the crispr gene editors and buddy claimed that you have to GMO cannabis to make it resist mildew. hah hah read between the lines.

3 Likes

Ahh I see, it’s outdoors. Have you grown any other plants outdoors? That infestation is just starting to take hold. Where did you get the plants?

2 Likes

Well this time of year we have a lotbof dew in the morning and yeah some strains
Just hate being wet every cool morning.

If your not way into flower hose her down with this, mildew is a form of fungus.

Lowes, maybe 10 bucks
Stuff is excellent

3 Likes

Agree, here’s a Reader’s Digest, great resume done …ejem|nullxnull

5 Likes

Thanks for the props! I’m still waiting on an agriculture phd to parrot my study back to me. It’s coming… lol! That’s what I’ve learned in the past week. Just do the study and then sit and wait for someone famous to parrot it back.

11 Likes

@Zett

follow @JoeCrowe advice on this matter, the dude knows what hes talking about.

nuff said …

8 Likes

Hi @joeCrowe these are from seed. I have grown same seed stock before indoors multiple times without issues. I was thinking that there might be bug damage as well. Just never experienced this before indoors, so I have no experience battling it or identifying. Thanks for your help. There are small buds forming, like 2 weeks early flower. Wondering if there is any point in growing it out and maybe some buds in the end are not affected, but maybe that doesn’t work or not a good idea with the fungus and bugs. The mildew is just starting on a few leaves a few of those small spots so maybe I can wipe leaves down with something like @Toker1 suggested? I’ll snag more pics tomorrow

4 Likes

powdered sulfer (Bondide makes it) works amazing. You can’t put it on flowers though, your plants look like they are early enough and flower maybe you could at least get it on the leaves a bit if you’re careful.

2 Likes

Heres an idea. Put diluted Sulfur in small jar smear on infected areas with small paintbrush then spray down. Whaddya think @JoeCrowe

3 Likes

Make sure you get positive identification on the parasite in question. Sometimes, things that look like mildew, aren’t.

3 Likes

@Zett the first image in the list I can positively identify as water scale, so that’s not mildew. I am curious about the other images though, it’s hard to tell.

3 Likes

This.

I got a generator for H0Cl last year and PM is now my bitch.

2 Likes