My grow went down the drain

Welp, folks always told never to never bring plants in from another person’s grow, and I don’t know if this is the reason but I found 2 plant that were hit really hard with PM. Out of 5 plants, these were the only ones. They were freebies/unreleased seeds from Cosmic Wisdom.

I know I moved things around in there, so I threw those out, emptied the tent, and sanitized everything thoroughly.

The next issue was a Doc D Mullumbimby plant that hermed on me a couple weeks ago. It was so heavily seeded that I just mad the decision to toss her. Now, all that I have remaining is 2 Doc D Bananastan that are also pretty heavily seeded, but not as bad. I’ve decided to keep those so I could at least have something. As a preventative, I’ve also sprayed those heavily with a water peroxide solution prior to putting back in the tent.

It was a pretty shitty day yesterday, and even if those plant weren’t already hosting dormant PM spores, I’ll never ever take something out of another growers garden again.

20 Likes

Sorry to hear this man. Guaranteed it’s happened to almost every one of us. Get some others up and go again bro.
What’s the environment like in your space?

5 Likes

Unkind results @Puffalo . I’ve had a no clone in, no clone out policy for almost 20 yrs and it’s served me well. Don’t give up! Once you find some solid genetics you’ll be rewarded with a awesome harvest, just keep trying!!
:grin::v::canada:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear of your troubles but like butterton said don’t give up. I’ve had quite a bit a failures but I just think of them as learning curves.
Maybe start a journal next grow and folks may be able to help along.
Good luck!

3 Likes

I hear great things about suffoil x as a PM preventative. Sorry to hear about the issues. All we can do is learn from mistakes and move on. Good luck!

2 Likes

If you happen to be in CT shoot me a PM and I’ll gift you some flower. Sorry to hear about your troubles bud.

3 Likes

I just searched this up and it says it’s made if mineral oil. Who in the world wants some petroleum on plants for consumption?

1 Like

That blows. Especially knowing you were doing some mullumbimby. I would have loved to see the outcome of that one. I have mullumbimby crossed with Karmas headbanger I hope to get grown out someday and see what’s under the hood sort of speak.

1 Like

I can understand your aversion to a petroleum based product but I wouldn’t recommend using it in flower. I never spray anything past first week. This is a preventative not a fix imo. As with any foliar spraying I would suggest rinsing plants off with plain water afterwards

You can’t shower off petroleum as it’s not water soluble. I think it also doesn’t degrade that fast to be safe when smoking later. I maybe wrong but I found no real info about these products. So I’ll stick to common sense for now.

1 Like

Sorry for your troubles. I don’t take in plants either.

But, hash covers a lot of sins. Seeded with seeds you don’t want? Make hash. Some will disagree with me but PM plants too.

Best of luck on the next one.

7 Likes

I’m at about 75-82 during the day and about 63 overnight. 4x4 with a 6" exhaust to the outside & 2x AcInfinity 6" oscillating fans. The light is a HLG Blackbird. I’ll post a pic

2 Likes

For sure. It was best to just cut my loss, but was a tough one. Thankfully I’ve got a full veg tent and I just sank 4 more regs and 2 more fems. Let’s go!

2 Likes

Buddy, you’re too kind. I’m in Buffalo, NY. You rock man.

2 Likes

Yeah, my little Bananastans aren’t that bad. I just turned 50, so I grew up with weed n some seeds. Not a big deal. The Mullumbimby I tossed mostly because I was pissed at her, and she was stuffed with em. I still look fwd to this Banana smoke. Should be dank.

1 Like

7 Likes

I appreciate you all 🫶

Remaining

8 Likes

Wish you the best of luck, sorry to hear about the problem you experienced. I think it is safe to say don’t put anything in your tent that you didn’t grow as you don’t know what someone else might did or didn’t do. My friend brought outside stuff inside bad news. Hang in there and happy growing. :sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

peroxide didnt stop my pm… Final resting place for my pm came with baking soda, aloe and Murphy’s foliar once a week for 2 months. never came back after I tested without spraying. had it for 6 months.

1 Like

You’re good dude. I’ll look into VPD n all that. The Cosmic wisdom was just given to me dude to space issues. I can’t say anything bad about the genetics because I haven’t really grown anything through. These are unreleased, so not much about em in general. I’m pickin up what you’re putting down tho man

1 Like