Is this powdery mildew on the cotyldeon?

I noticed this on the cotyledon from one of my plants and culled it since I thought it was PM. I’ve never had PM before and the only thing different I did with this cycle was keeping the plants in the humidity dome a bit longer since the humidity was sub 20% RH. I don’t do fungicides so if it is PM I can cull the remaining plants, wait 3 weeks, sterilize, and try again.

3 Likes

No. Looks like it’s just running out of nutrients or dying off, which is normal for those to die off first

Fyi, pm is white

4 Likes

Idk if it’s my camera or my lights since they’re 3500k but it was white at the base of the cotyledon leaf. It wasn’t trichomes as they came off with zero effort. The picture only has a bit of what is left since I took it after I rubbed it off. Here’s the photo cropped and zoomedIMG_0568

Does not look like pm to me :purple_heart:

I’d imagine it would start on bigger leaves with way more water in them and not only on a bit of the cotelydon

1 Like

Thanks, y’all. I’ll keep an eye on the others for now and let them run a bit.

I agree. It doesn’t look like PM to me either.

2 Likes

I culled those other plants but this new batch seems to have the same thing going on. I haven’t done foliar sprays so it’s not mineral residue. At this point I might have to cull and wait a month.

3 Likes

For $8.50 a UV flashlight, from POCKET SIZE UV LED FLASHLIGHT will show you PM.
JoeCools PM thread will teach you all that stuff, and how to KILL it off with Sulphur.
Best of luck!
webe

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the link. Very cool. :+1:

2 Likes