Is water curing still a thing?

Just curious, I remember before the original site went down there were a bunch of people playing with water curing buds claiming to get super smooth tokes, but it made the bud darker. Is this still a thing, or did it not really work?

3 Likes

A disclaimer: I am not an expert.

I have played with water curing in the past, but I don’t find it enhances much. If u have pest problems, or overfed, then water curing may help.

But if everything went fine during the grow, and u don’t have pests, I don’t see much benefit.

4 Likes

Water curing is a thing, I feel sure cannabis undergoes the same processes as it did when the process was invented. The fact that it is not now very popular to me is a sign of how effective it was, and the quality of the resulting product.

3 Likes

I tried it a few times back in those days. The bud wasn’t any stronger and didn’t burn any better or anything, it just looked dark and gross and tasted really generic. No good imo

2 Likes

It’s a rapid and effective way to get smokeable product in a few days as opposed to a couple weeks. Mason jar, soak flowers in warm water for a day, rinse, set out to dry. It’s handy if you’re out of bud and need to get a personal supply quick after a harvest, but good luck getting rid of it.

2 Likes

I’ve done it a number of times with varying results. The first time i did it the product came out darker, with little taste or smell. No harshness, so you could take big hits and it did seem pretty potent. A couple other times i did it, the product still had some sort of lingering taste/smell that was not great and was a little harsher. Not sure why the inconsistency, might just be due to length of time in the water in relation to how dense the bud is and how much space i leave around the bud in the container i am using. I submerged the freshly cut bud in water and changed the water daily for 7 days. Then into the food dehydrator at around 100 deg F for a day or two to dry it.

2 Likes