Issue on seedlings

I just up-potted to three gal and the roots looked really good

I know mag=Epson salt, not sure on Iron or Zinc.

I cut the one off two seedlings and two off for sexing :laughing:

Yep Gypsum in the mix.

I just had the R/O installed because of how bad my water is. I do pH every batch as it goes between 5.5-7.5 depending what I put in to it. I will get better photos tomorrow been cleaning and rearranging my veg tent today. I may have dropped my coffee and it splashed over the whole tent. I bumped it while rearranging cords.

Where do you send it? Or is it some place locally you use?

Do you need to pH RO water?
I would think without any buffer in it there isn’t a reason to do so…

Cheers
G

1 Like

Did you recently transplant? If so it will get with program. Can’t see much from the photo but looks like a cotylden, they just die and I wouldn’t worry about it

Farmer Freeman: EZ-XY
They are in DC, I used to use a place in CA.

1 Like

No not a cotyledon, It is the first true leave.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

I have an update on the condition of the seedling. They are all the same strain. But only two are doing it.

@misterbee it is between veins

@vernal the rest is starting to do it.

Likely simple pH issue. Check your runoff pH.

Underfeeding also possible, or a little of both.

1 Like

The weird thing is the one is totally heathy. Go figure.

Well you mentioned R/O water which has no alkalinity, pH swings can happen in the media easily. Also no extra calcium/magnesium so that may need to be supplemented especially if you are feeding very light. I’m all about the tapwater.

1 Like

My well water is hard enough to walk on and 8+ pH. That is why I just had this installed.
I do add Epson to the water.

Epsom is just magnesium sulfate. You need a lot more calcium than you need magnesium. It doesn’t help much with alkalinity. You can actually create problems adding too much magnesium in relation to calcium.

My water is also extremely hard and over 8. Grows plants fine. Consider cutting your R/O with your tapwater for plant feeds.

I was just going to ask if you thought 1/2 and 1/2 might help. You use the water at 8 or lower to 6.5 with drops?

I strongly recommend you always adjust pH to desired level, no matter your growing method. The pH buffering capacity for organic soil in small pots isn’t infinite. Easy variable to control.

Make sure you check that runoff pH ASAP and get some calcium to those plants as well, especially if you plan to continue using R/O water.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice @vernal .

1 Like