Is this a N deficiency?

Should I be worried? I’m in week 5 of flower of this Super Lemon Haze and it’s a much lighter green in colour than my other plant (CBD Dinamed).

I started in a super soil but I had some nutrient issues so I removed most of the soil and transplanted into Promix HP, 5 gallon fabric pots, and started feeding with salts. Watering between 6-6.5 pH. 300w leds. Other than the color of the upper canopy everything else seems okay.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

SUPER_LEMON_HAZE

14 Likes

May be a lighter color but still looks fine and healthy to me

Some plants will vary like that, had a citrus freeze that turned out light green that was a good plant despite coloring

13 Likes

Was the plant darker or has it been this color her entire life?

5 Likes

I have the same question as @LivingBlackSoil.
Also, is light stress a possibility?

3 Likes

Some cultivars really are simply a lighter green expression, it can be genetic.

I’ve had an Afghan #1 auto from Sensi Seeds once and it was same color, very tough plant and turned out great and very potent.

Generally speaking I see sativa dominant plants tending more to the light green side, and broad leaved plants being darker more often. Not always, but seems to be a pattern.

If the tips start looking burnt and clawing that might be nutrient issue.

8 Likes

@knnth how long in the Promix? You change soil on both? How many weeks left, 4 or 5? You could foliar cal nit, or mag nit, if it is a deficiency. Quicker plant response maybe?

Just thoughts. No plant problem expert here.

1 Like

This looks good to me. :facepunch:

4 Likes

Look a tad N hungry
The one on left looks a tad to much(dark green)
Nah
May a drizzle of fish emulsions

Week 5 , that’s kinda normal
For me.
If mine take 9 weeks
At week 5 I’m like N who
Lol
My fox farm nutes are designed for flower stage
The first weeks open sesame has like 5 45 19
The last one
Beastie blooms has none

4 Likes

She’s been like this since 3-4 weeks into veg. I vegged for about 8 weeks hoping the issue would correct itself. I forgot to mention that I split the main stalk doing some lst and taped her back together around the same time, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

2 Likes

N deficiency starts from below, not this case, in case of having something I would think about Sulphur deficiency, a diluted Epsom salts foliar spray would come handy anyway … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

I’ve had light stress issues before so I always make sure the light isn’t too close. Pretty sure it’s not that.

3 Likes

I’ve been hoping the “Lemon” in its name refers to the color…

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s a micronutrient issue since the I’ve used the same salts without any issues. I’ve foliar sprayed earlier on hoping it would correct the issue but it didn’t help.

2 Likes

I transplanted into Promix about 5 days before I flipped to flower. I wanted to wait a bit longer before I flipped but I was at 7 weeks of veg and couldn’t veg any longer.

2 Likes

If you check other SLH images you will see that’s not her natural colour … :roll_eyes:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Super+Lemon+Haze&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1AVNA_enES683ES683&sxsrf=AJOqlzV_RiRGrw79nFydRoyEfuvjIvTRgA:1675258831696&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjErse8ufT8AhUwVaQEHV3KDWAQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw

3 Likes

What are the temps at? In my experience with LEDs, temperatures need to be in low to mid 80s during lights on for proper nutrient uptake.

3 Likes

I think she hungry remember promix has no nutritional value at all un like super soil

So many things can be the issue
So much great advice where to start

But a spray with Epson salts ( like friend @George suggested) is a good start
I also like spraying with kelp and they love it !:stuck_out_tongue:

My Frankenstein acted this way also , feeding and a spray worked wonders! :boom:

Best wishes

Paps

8 Likes

Daytime temps are around 84-86F.

2 Likes

I’m always in low 70s F / 20-22 Celsius, they do fine.

1 Like

Could be low N, low Fe, or genetic.

Probably not N, and I wouldn’t go adding Fe either.

Play it out… lack of N is a great thing for your final smoke…, maybe not yield but yield is for businesses with profit motivations. Also, an early stressor might add an epigenetic tag on the DNA which cannot be undone with a nutrition modification. Like when identical twins grow up and one is slightly less attractive… epigenetics and environment.

1 Like