Weird deficiency ☹️

Well, maybe it is just Calcium deficiency, but there are strange things in this case icon_e_confused|nullxnull . Here’s the plant that wouldn’t see the next day in Mr. Sparkle’s tent:

Would be a good candidate for the ugly plant thread crazy0to . Ha also a missing 5 fan leave I haven’t trimmed.

What’s strange is that she shares same conditions with two other of the same strain (Strawberry Squeak) that look not so bad (only a small discolouration):

They’re on water so same food, light and all, but reacting differently, around 250 - 300 ppm, any thoughts about this? Thanks … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

LITFA 1 week & then increase feed? :confused:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Give them more water! Shows ya how much about hydro! Lol sorry for your babies but I need to probably stay out of this thread! Lol

1 Like

Thanks but with the wuflu I have already spent all my stock of LITFA :sweat_smile:, they don’t look like nutrient burn. Water is 310 ppm in the morning and then 270 late at night, so they are still eating, no apparently excess … entripao|nullxnull

They have plenty of! :stuck_out_tongue: Almost 3 liters, the solo cup in hydro, they can handle bigger ones … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Ok…now nobody shoot me…lol. My girlfriend showed me this article the other day, and it said to water your plants with the water from boiled eggs to add calcium to the soil.

4 Likes

@Tappy Maybe if they were boiled in vinegar then diluted then you probably have the makings of WSCA a KNF concoction.

2 Likes

I was going to say calcium from the brown spots and yellowing. I just had it on one plant and sure enough it perked right back up. It won’t fix damaged leaves but the plant will begin to grow normally. Not saying that’s it but it reminds me of mine.

2 Likes

PPMs seem low to me.

Dark foliage with brown burn holes often reads as overly high pH, but I don’t know much about your setup.

2 Likes

+1 very low. What is your pH ? Looks like nutrient lock out . ide guess potassium or calmag.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone beer3|nullxnull , pH shouldn’t be an issue as I am using Advanced Nutrients pH perfect so never check it. I was feeding it according to this chart:

tds

so around 250-300, have lately added some CalMag, but it is quite strange for me that only one plant appears severely affected and not the rest. I will increase also the feed ratio, they must be healthy and strong enough to be ready for a soil transplant. The pH was the one from my tap water: 7.4 , but as the nutrients are chelated it is not supposed to affect.

I increased to 530 the ppm and lowered the pH to 6.4 (just to follow your advice), let’s see if this reverts the situation, thanks everyone for your input … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m sure you have already checked but looks like ph issue to me with those odd shapes leaves. I’ve always been a soil grower and know little about hydro so dont listen to me.

1 Like

Thanks, it is good to know new tips for detecting pH issues, I will check pH from now on even if it is not necessary upon Advanced Nutrients pH perfect instructions.

Once in soil this issues disappear, it is just easier for me germinate them on water, the first two weeks are always critical and this way I can grow them safer … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Advance Nutrients says
Base Nutrients Automatically Balance Your pH For You And Keep It There For One Week. When you use any Advanced Nutrient’s base nutrient , the pH Perfect ® Technology inside automatically stabilizes and locks in your pH within the optimal range (called the ‘sweet spot’) of pH 5.5–6.3 – and keeps it there for one week.
So it only does this for a week and if you ph drifts beyond 6.5 you always have to lower it back to 5.5 .
Get in the habit of lowering your ph to 5.5 and letting it drift back up to 6.5. As your plants eat your PH will rise . It doesnt have to be perfect but you need to always control your ph . If not you lock out certain nutrients. Its a really big deal.

2 Likes

Thanks, I know that, so I change weekly the water to renew its effect. Anyway it is odd just only one looks presumably affected for that pH out of range, I will check it and have a look to the new growth, they will soon go to soil so as long as they are alive it’s good for me :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

was gonna say whats your pH but @Hugh_Glass has got this, and typically those issues when i see them are pH related, either because of a decent change in pH or it has started to drift too high 6.3-6.5+

1 Like

Thanks everyone, seems they have recovered. Just transplanted them to soil so at least now the problems will be different … :sweat_smile:

1 Like