Its Harvest time! At what point do you enlist help?

I’ve looked at these lazyboy trimmers in the past. They are cheap for what they do. I just don’t like the fact that there is a Chinese machine that’s mains powered and spinning a sharp blade that fast :rofl:
Hey. I smoke cannabis. The paranoia is real. :rofl::v:

3 Likes

Very interesting. Looks fairly lethal, lol.

Ive only done two harvests. First was over one pound dry from 5 plants. Did partial wet of fan leaves and bigger stuff, then finished up after dry. Second harvest was full dry in tent then full dry trim. I love sugar leaves so usually leave some on as they vape really well.

1 Like

with this here device, you can trim and cook a burger at the same time :P. (sorry had too, it looks like a bbq)

1 Like

I use a paint stirrer on my drill in a 5 gallon bucket to make bubble as opposed to the machine. More work but effective.

But wait, THERE"S MORE!

1 Like

I hear ya. I’m doing this and I have 3ft dreadlocks… albeit they are up in a Tam at this point as I’m not that kind of stupid. :rofl:

All seriousness though the “Chinese machine” thing is gonna be a real problem for you all things considering consumerism and all… :man_shrugging:

I went over mine head to toe and there are only 3 things i’d ever worry about it and mine is one of the 200-300$ models:

1: Legs are potentially wobbly if you don’t account for the build quality. If you’ve used any “camping kitchen furniture” you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. If set up exactly right it’s near perfect. But if you don’t…

2: The BLADES are sharp, and specific. My biggest concern is this as they are basically Olfa knife blades but solid… I’m not sure where I can get more as i dulled one set by the end of the season. Granted this is not an issue as I trimmed A LOT of bud so going through 1 set of blades a season is no biggie… but getting more I’m finding out is more complicated as I haven’t found a supplier for them. I could drill out OLFA blades if careful and with the right tools but they are scored in multiple places and I worry for real on a hard stem they’ll shatter at speed.

3: The human operating the machine. I went through nearly a whole plant before I got the exact techniques I personally needed to do to trim the flowers on branch. Basically you need to refine your motor skills and not just assume it’ll work right away. It’s like rolling a joint by hand and the deathfan is the paper. You and it are together the machine… NOT like other trimmers which are basically like a rolling machine doing everything for you.

I hope that makes sense… it does to me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It totally does @TrichomesToStun ! In fact, the AND THERES MORE! is that this thing CUT MY TRIMMING TIME DOWN 1:8!

2022 it took me around 8 hours to trim the same biomass that I ended up trimming in 1 hour in 2023 after I invested in this thing. :sweat_smile:

It then took me a few hours more to hand trim the primo but seriously, I didn’t fucking care about trim jail at that point I was staring at bins of fresh trim that took no time at all.

The washing was still brutal but you do what you do to keep the meds clean especially with all the construction in and around my hood.

3 Likes

I’ve serviced Chinese motorcycles in the past. They don’t use the tolerances that we do with tightening stuff up. I’m wondering if I bought one and a bottle of loctite and check every fixing like I’ve done on bikes in the past if it would help. My comment wasn’t a racial thing. Just some countries don’t take these things into consideration.

1 Like

lmfao! Slap Chop internal voice read this for me.

For real though. I hear ya. That’s a HUGE saving’s in time. For me it’s a minor inconvenience and more a strain on my eyes than anything. I’m a happy camper when trimming is easy. The less work on that end the better.

2 Likes

My apologies if it wasn’t clear that I didn’t take your comment as a racial one. I was refering to the sheer amount of exported goods from there versus other manufacturing countries so not using “made in China” has become very very complicated.

This is exactly spot on! If they were to increase their tolerances the costs would go up and folks would complain about the cost instead of the build. :man_shrugging:

If you want a solid build you gotta pay for it. If you want an adequate build you have to pay for it with gusto like knowledge and hands on skills.

Absolutely! Have skills, use em! :smiley:

2 Likes

Luckily enough i just finished trimming 9 plants from a 4x4 using my bowl trimmer. Trimmed wet.

Looks fine to me. I’ll give them a manicure though to keep my “friends” happy.

9 Likes

That looks really nice @Esrgood4u ! What bowl trimmer are you using?

2 Likes

Spinpro. I got it really cheap last year in a sale. I only paid £150 for it. It only wet trims though. The gearing needed adjusting to stop it slipping. A few washers fixed it.
Cleaning it is a total nightmare. Luckily I took pictures as I stripped it down so managed to put it back together by following the pictures in reverse.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s far far from perfect but it’s good enough to pass on to your “friends” without complaints.
The it knocks trichomes off doesn’t worry me as my trim always finds a home.
Cheers for your comments @Pigeonman.
I enjoy these back and forth I have with you all.

2 Likes

That looks pretty good! I may have to at least try mine out next harvest, just to see.

Here’s the one I got. I like it. Its seems decent quality and has metal gears, so thats a plus.
I’ll definitely be trimming wet if its going in the Cannatrol. If theres overflow, I may do a dry trim after hanging

1 Like

It also depends on what quality of trimming are you comfortable with. I grow for myself so a rough haircut is fine but if it was commercial I would have to do better.

1 Like

Buddy trim wet. Throw on a net. Turn the buds daily. After about a week to 10 days give them a slight brush over with a cannabrush until it looks nice. The leafs will brush off giving a decent looking bud. Trust me. You’ve got this. :v:

1 Like

The basting brush looks pretty cool! I’ll have to remember that…
Won’t be able to use it because I’ll be doing a wet trim, bucking buds, then dry and cure in Cannatrol.

2 Likes

Usually after about 2 weeks of hand trimming i get sick of it and just buck limbs into my cheap bowl trimmer and let it eat. Friends and family bud! No complaints yet. :v:

1 Like