TrimPal. Where can I buy one? Have you used one? (UPDATE, I BOUGHT IT!)

I’m looking to buy a 2lb TrimPal unit for personal use and renting out but need help locating one for purchase in Michigan and would also like any possible input from anyone that’s used one before.

Any help is greatly appreciated, it’s a big investment I’m scared to make but hope renting it out can benefit my family’s future as a passive income eventually.

4 Likes

That looks like it’ll eat all the goodies off the nuggets

3 Likes

It doesn’t, it actually has smaller grates than most commercial trimmers and would probably trim slower and more carefully. I’ve seen finished product of recent years but can’t find videos newer than 6 years old on YouTube unfortunately

3 Likes

Wow that actually sounds usefull,… I have always been worried about loss…with trimmers atleast :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have one of those bowl trimmers, and it removes foxtails and anything about that size that isnt flush. Will only use it again if I am in an extreme time crunch.

4 Likes

I looked at a bunch of those a while back before settling on a bag trimmer cause I figured they’d just shred shit. This thing only does 17 revolutions a minute which is obnoxiously slow from watching the videos but also does the least amount of harm possible

2 Likes

The test I used it for was a dry trim. It came with a different blade for a wet trim, but I can’t imagine it will be much different, as far as that part goes.

3 Likes

Just in case anyone that was wondering and doesn’t pay attention to my Happy Place thread, I did buy it. Heres the whole shebang, I 100% recommend it if you can afford it and 100% will rent it out on the lows to ya if you live in Michigan :joy: boy was it not cheap

https://youtube.com/shorts/2QlVFnYFZaw?feature=share

5 Likes

I love the speed and ease of using a trimming machine, but deep down, I can’t help but think your beating the piss out of your buds.

2 Likes

I took microscopic pics and videos to prove that wrong with evidence though, look at the trichomes. There’s TrimPal trichome review videos too @Syn

The outside of a nug

The inside of a nug

2 Likes

But what does the shake look like?

1 Like

I only have one pic from when I was first running it I can take one when I get home tonight if you’re more curious

Naw, I was just bantering. But really looking at the trim might be better than the nuggets in regards to trichome losses.

1 Like

looks good but it also looks like your harvest was cut short, seeing a lot of transparent trichomes.

was this dry trimmed or wet, i didnt read it all. (looks dry)

i mean shit, it doesnt look like it beat the hell out of it like the “finger trimmer” does

this is the worst culprit

2 Likes

It was dry trimmed and also not my harvest, a buddy happened to have harvested right around when I ordered it and it was dry when it finally got to the grow store so I ran it for him.

2 Likes

I have a Trimpro Unplugged and like to trim fresh and it just mashed the shit out of the wet buds. Then I adjusted the height of the fingers so they just barely touched the grate and even slightly above it so it pushes the buds along rather than flattening over them and squashing them down.

Totally different machine altogether now. Was going to try to flog it for half the $500Can price but keeping it now. I picked it up lightly used for $300 from a trusted hydro store owner.

:peace:

3 Likes

OH it adjusts?

1 Like

Yeah the handle has a setscrew so you can raise or lower the finger rack. I got it all the way up then the socket that engages the nut on top of the gear box wouldn’t reach then I realized that the nut on the gearbox had 2 screws on it so I raised that nut up a half inch then used the handle to set the height of the fingers to just brush the grate. Pushes the buds along while rolling them so the fingers don’t slide over the buds gluing the bud leaves to the buds so they don’t get sliced off.

Worked fine with dry trimmed buds but I like trimming small batches fresh off the plant.

Might be some way to do the same with the bowl trimmers but I’ve never handled one of those.

:peace:

2 Likes