It's SEEDurday!

Thanks @Purple-N-Hairy . I’ll send a DM.

2 Likes

oh well. congrats @middleman

i swear, i seent it, lol.

5 Likes

Yes, I see what you’re pointing out, but I promise I had nothing to do with it (other than taking the pic). It does look like an 8, but how could I have hidden part of it behind that cord?

11 Likes

Congratulations @middleman

3 Likes

Way to go @middleman i didn’t see a single number in there :joy:

6 Likes

So I received this comment in another thread, but mod’s intervened and deleted a number of posts before I had a chance to reply…

This is the reply I was typing when the thread was cleaned up:

That’s amazing, considering that I also discovered my Cookieland cross showed hermie traits and WARNED EVERYONE that was in my threads where I gave them out AS TESTERS, or gave out the pollen, of that fact. My Cookieland was created from my prized GSC crossed with JOTI’s Black Candyland. The Candyland part of JOTI’s Black Candyland cross was from Seed Junky Genetics - and I’ve personally documented my experience with their hermie-prone genetics, as have others.

So that’s as far as I got as I was typing my reply, but I want to go further here…

I’ve been growing my GSC for between 2 and 3 years. I realized how special she was as she was flowering the very first time, and fortunately, I had already cut clones. I wished I had kept a male from that pack/puck so I could make F2’s, but I didn’t.

After a few grows with her, I knew she was a “forever” girl. And when I shared pics of her, the comments were very flattering. So I wanted to do the OG thing and make a version of her that I could share with you, the Overgrow community. The only way to achieve this was to find something special I could cross her with. I reached out to see if anyone had any pollen they could contribute, but literally no one replied. So that’s how I ended up with the Black Candyland. The pic Jordan has on his website showed a Black Candyland plant that seemed worthy of my GSC, so I went with that.

If I had known about Seed Junky’s hermie issues, I would’ve never risked it. But I didn’t learn about the problems until I had agreed to be the grower for a private seed run of their Wedding Cake. It was during that grow that I also learned about the Triangle Kush BX3 issues, as documented in that thread. And sure enough, all the females I got were hermies, just like the TK BX3.

A couple of people told me they had hermie issues with their Cookieland testers, and I was totally bummed about it. I didn’t know where the issue was, so I didn’t do anything at that time. Then I went back to review the genetics of the Black Candyland, and BOOM! That’s when it hit me that the Candyland was from Seed Junky. As soon as that crystallized in my tiny brain, I immediately posted warnings about it in my threads where the seeds or pollen were given away.

That brings us to today. With that comment I posted at the top of the post, I hate to think about me building a reputation of breeding hermies, and it sounds like that info might be getting out there via PM’s or on other websites. :man_facepalming:

Please note: my GSC is not a hermie, but she IS a GSC, and GSC’s are known to be prone to hermie. So perhaps she carries that gene in her DNA.

All this time, I’ve been thinking that the hermie issues with Cookieland were due to the Candyland male, and maybe they were, but it’s possible that the hermie gene is also coming from my GSC.

For the reasons I’ve explained, I won’t be giving away anything I’ve crossed with my GSC until further notice, if ever.

For me, this is a sad day. I have a special plant and wanted to share her with you guys, but not at the risk of ruining what’s left of my tattered reputation.

@OGTreeSlayer, @LegsMahoney, @BeanBush, @Indie & @middleman - I packed up your LifeSaver Cookies, but haven’t mailed them out yet. Please send me a PM to tell me if you still want them or not.

24 Likes

A lot that could be said. I’m sorry this all went down the way it did. I’m definitely still interested, and I’ll PM you as well.

Thanks for stating the facts as you know them.

6 Likes

Yeah man potential herms don’t scare me.

6 Likes

Just my 2 pennies. I’ve never seen you be anything, but honest. You’re probably one of the most blunt and straight-shooting guys on OG. I understand your trepidation of giving away your work now, but I’d encourage you to not let the words of a few influence that decision. Can’t make everybody happy, man, but I know you’ve gone above and beyond to make a lot of us happy.

10 Likes

So, you don’t still have the original mom? No way to start over with a different dad? I hope it works out for you.

3 Likes

i’m not afraid. PM incoming. integrity move to post about the potential issues though, appreciate you for that.

3 Likes

I remember your thread and you where honest about the whole thing no need to worry bud people always tend to find the negative stuff instead of being grateful…on another note pretty much all the major strains where hermies or accidental pollenation so :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Well said! Chem, cookies, sour, etc. etc. you know where they came from

1 Like

Since berner doesn’t pass out seeds or cuts, you would have to know those available cookies are from hermies
Everyone know forum cut was a bag seed more than likely it’s and s1 that was produced from a hermie.
You can also tell it’s an s1 when you breed it. Reason being, once you breed to this strain, it’s almost impossible to breed away from it. It’s genetics material is so dominant in a cross, you will automatically know it’s there, when you smoke your cross. The tell tail signs of hermies, low terps, and that “taste”. Og is it? Or is it the taste of commercial hemp… what ever it is, it’s horrible if you take the time to singe the aroma out. Better version will mask that taste better, but it’s still will be there and will definitely show up in a cross.
Also the guys who have it, continue to inbreed the crap out of it. Which further increases the hermie trait in future crosses.
The gsc plant became too popular too fast. It was used in peoples breeding programs before it became stable. Now people are paying the price for using it as a breeding tool.
There is no wonder most breeders are running from it. Just look at what some of the commercial breeders are doing instead taking breeding clues from chuckers. Just my opinion.
Some of the cookie crosses are much more stable than the original gsc. They offer better terps and much better yields. But you will have to “weed” through a lot of weed to find them.
And pay a premium for them. That’s just how it is in the cannabis game. So be careful of the genetics that you use in your breeding program. As the joker says, “ you better be sure.”

UPDATE: They were mailed on Tuesday, and as I’ve been informed - they’re already being delivered.

14 Likes

Thank you @Purple-N-Hairy

2 Likes

:red_circle: GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED :red_circle:

:loudspeaker: Announcing :loudspeaker: :loud_sound: :loud_sound:

:interrobang: GUESS THE NUMBER SEEDurday GIVEAWAY! :interrobang:

Strain: BOG LifeSaver F2’s

Guess the number from 1 to 500. Closest to the number wins. One guess per member. In case of duplicates, only the first one entered will count.

• All guesses must be in by Sunday at 9 PM EST
  • :us: Open to US members only :us:
  • Trust Level 2 (Member) or above
  • You must “like” this post for your guess to count

Previous recipients of this strain are not eligible

The number has been hidden in this photo (below). I will reveal it after the contest closes tomorrow night.

Hint to save you time: If you were in involved with my previous “guess the number” giveaway, you’ll know that you won’t be able to find the number by inspecting the picture - so just guess!

Good luck!!

37 Likes

Ha, 420. It’s my birthday and lucky number. Good luck fellow tokers!

5 Likes

69! Happy early bday gman!

2 Likes

177, Lets goooo

1 Like