Jacks 321 Hydro discussion, questions, tips, etc

how low do you take them im around 1500-1800 atm. what do you aim for harvest time

1 Like

Iā€™ll take them all the way down to 100 ppm, and usually aim for less than 150 ppm in the runoff water.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend using either brewers CaCl or something for plants vs ice melt to make sure you get the highest purity with the least amount of extras if itā€™s available to you. Customhydro is an awesome site if youā€™re in the states.

https://customhydronutrients.com/calcium-chloride-fertilizer-c-1_47_86/calcium-chloride-50-pound-bag-p-799.html

3 Likes

I have to add that I normally will drop the jacks, and cal-nite around week 7, and just feed 150 ppm of Calcium EDTA, 70 ppm of Mg, and around 100 ppm of Sulfur. All individual salts, and diluted to proper Ec. Thinking about feeding 0.1 grams of chelated micros all the way through to harvest. I read somewhere that plants with a really high terpene profile, had a high level of micro nutrients in the tissue samples collected.

3 Likes

Last couple grows ive been feeding more micro than usual later into flower with improved results.

2 Likes

Good to know.

2 Likes

For those that want Calcium with no Nitrogen but not sure if this is available in the US and but is In Canada check out Plant Prod MJ Spike Plant-Prod MJTM Spike (CaMg) - Master Plant-Prod Inc.

2 Likes

Yes its used a road brine spray on roads.

I posted this in another forum
ā€œAnyone have a replacement solution to cal nit? When I want to lower the N I usually back of the cal nit but lose out on the cal. Only product that was a good replacement was flora cal which is floraflexā€™s calcium product (unreleased yet). Its 10-0-0 and 18% ca. Derived from calcium nitrate, calcium acetate, and edta-ca. If I replace the 2 grams of cal nit with flora cal i get around 93ppm of n per gallon compared to 122 ppm n per gallon with cal nit and damn near about the same amount of calcium using cal nit. Not an expert in salts but a little help would help. Thanks!!ā€

1 Like

Best solution is to use cal prime, or purecal. Since they have a higher ratio of calcium to nitrogen you can reduce it that way.

Another alternative is calcium chloride, which is high density calcium but should be careful not to add too much chloride. Tomato growers use this frequently.

Third option is calcium glucoheptonate or other chelate. I donā€™t like to use edta in high dose because it contains sodium. But amino acids are ok in small amounts. They are low density calcium, so they can only augment small amounts (5-20ppm).

3 Likes

Do amino acids cause film in a reservoir? Basically anything organic?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure. I donā€™t think so but Iā€™ll let you know after I try it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been mixing Jackā€™s at what I understand to be the official ratio, 3.6/2.4/1.1. Jackā€™s has that ratio posted on their site at least once and in their mixing video. However here they say that itā€™s 3.7/2.5/1.1 Their two published cannabis feed schedules (example) show 3.79/2.52/0.99 which I would tend to read as 3.8/2.5/1.0. 3.8/2.5/1.0 seems somewhat different from 3.6/2.4/1.1.

Whatā€™s up with the different ratio values in different places?

2 Likes

The difference ratios are just folks fine tuning the nutrients to their specific cropā€¦at least thatā€™s what I gatherā€¦

I bounce around a bit from the 1:.67 ratio to a 1:.6ā€¦.slightly less Calcium Nitrate in the mix to lower Nitrogen levelā€™s slightly!

Each cannabis strain likes things a little bit different.

Alaskagrown

5 Likes

I understand that people take Jackā€™s baseline mixing ratio and modify it for their own purposes. Here Iā€™m trying to determine what JR Peters states the baseline mixing ratio is officially considered to be in 2022.

JR Peters published two feed schedules in 2021 for ā€œCannabis & Hemp Grown in Pure Water Sourcesā€:
3.8 - 2.5 - 1.0 (Jackā€™s 321 Schedule)
3.8 - 2.5 - 1.0 (Jackā€™s 12-4-16 Veg with 321 in Flower)

Both of these state the baseline recommended ratio is 3.8 - 2.5 - 1.0 (3.79 - 2.52 - 0.99). Grams per gallon of water.

But depending on where you look on the site they also state the baseline ratio is:
3.7 - 2.5 - 1.1
3.6 - 2.4 - 1.1
3.6 - 2.4 - 1.1 (Technical Bulletin)

A whole lot of people on the Internet say the official ratio is 3.6 - 2.4 - 1.2 but I canā€™t find 1.2 grams/gallon of Epsom mentioned anywhere on jacksnutrients.com.

Iā€™m trying to understand if JR Peters has modified their baseline 321 mixing ratio for cannabis or if the different values are all just typos. I did email the company but have yet to hear back.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the 3.6,2.4,1.2 ratio comes from greengeneā€™s video.

4 Likes

Direct from JR Peters websiteā€¦there are however a few discrepancies when looking at their feed chartsā€¦

Is Jackā€™s any good? I use cyco nutes currently.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using it for 2 years in hydro and coco.
It works really well for me in veg. In flower I do change it up depending on the strain

1 Like

And itā€™s 80$ with shipping?