James' Money-Pit Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Octopot!

Just got caught up on your thread

Great job

2 Likes

Thanks! Blue Dream is really freaking me out. I hope everything looks better tomorrow and through the weekend. I have no problem vegging another week, if newded. Blue Dream is still a bit small to turn, at least in my eyes.

There’s a bit of leaf yellowing on Blue Dream.

Still starting my LSD 2x2 grow tomorrow :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I finally caught up on your growlog @supersecretjim.

All the elements of Greatness here: Bold Decisions, Great Strains, Excellent Gear, Unlimited Funds, A Sympathetic Spouse and a Very Cute Canine! :clap: :clap:

A couple comments for your consideration:

• All that discussion of hygrometers and no one mentioned “The Salt Test?” Sheesh! Put your best meters (the ones with “calibration adjustment” in a mason jar with a bottle cap full of table salt that has been moistened. Cap it tightly and wait 24 hours for everything to stabilize. Calibrate the meters so that they read 75%. Use that to determine which of the little cheapo units are accurate then toss the rest of the ones that can’t be calibrated Now you know what the actual RH is.

• Brown roots in your Octopots don’t (usually) indicate a problem. They are most likely just staining from your nutes and additives. If you aren’t already using Hydroguard, or GFF in your mix to add beneficial bacteria you should look into it.

• If you need to “sterilize” a working reservoir to treat a problem, better to use hydrogen peroxide than bleach IMHO.

Best wishes as you head to a great harvest,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

7 Likes

3 Likes

LSD is in the ground! Check her out in all her glory :rofl:

Germinated today in my 2x2.5 Octopot grow

@ifish Interesting. Different from what many say. Please go on. Ive been led to believe dont go to flower if plant health in question. I like your train of thought…

3 Likes

That’s not the kind of trouble they talk about
Your blue dream looks fine , flipping will give her a huge boost and will help use up any access nutes etc

When blue in the mix they can be fussy , so we feed less and water less and take it from there

They are two very different strains , one feed and one style of watering won’t suit both perfectly , balancing act

Try not to compare them to each other , both different in looks , growth and needs

5 Likes

both of the plants in the picture just above are super healthy enough for flowering.

It’s really gotten to the point where I don’t give my plants much attention in veg because it doesn’t matter Once they flip over to flower and kick in gear everything sorts itself out like fishy says jmho

3 Likes

A plant in trouble has witch fingers as leafs , leafs are yellow and loosing them plus very slow growth if any

Thats a plant I would not flower and is what they talk about kindoff

Like jet said , your plants don’t look in trouble

2 Likes

Fuck it then! It’s on like Donkey Kong. Tomorrow is 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. schedule. I trust you both

4 Likes

Winners make it happen
Losers let it happen

Game on : )

4 Likes

I think Blue Dream is just trying to find her way after the beating I gave her, LOL

2 Likes

Nice to hear the good words, Jetdro and ifish!
I think that I’m just a bit of a Nervous Nellie when it comes to growing.

3 Likes

Thanks Grouchy! Unlimited funds :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Hygrometers I was a bit surprised as well, but I’ve tried it, and feel Boveda is better fit for me. Really no room for error, the pack is 62% so its right where I want to be.

Probably a little of both.
I did put Hydroguard in with this last 650ppm feeding yesterday evening.

Blue Dream is sporting some 11 finger fan leaves.

Have yet to see that on my other plants.

5 Likes

Girls are both looking all right. Skywalker is really going strong While Blue Dream still has some yellowish leaves but is taking up water well. PPFD right at 600.

Do some defoliation tomorrow morning. Changing light schedule to 9:00 p.m. today lights off. Lights back on 9:00 a.m. for next couple months or so.

6 Likes

Happy Sunday! Girls just woke up

4 Likes

Looking great! I really need to get mine on an auto water/feeder haha.

1 Like

Little bit of defoliation

Blue Dream is definitely producing skinnier, longer leaves in comparison to Skywalker OG

3 Likes

Sundays in-tent cam shots…

Blue Dream

Skywalker…

4 Likes