James' Money-Pit Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Octopot!

Skywalker is just loaded with Pistils. She really wants to flip. Blue Dream not quite. We’ll see how she does over the coming days. I’ll check them both out tonight after Im home.

I told Stanlee there’s only one rule… no one gets into that Cannatrol stash. Make it happen.

Not quite a drooling Cane Corso or Rottweiler, but Stanlee’s a little bit tougher looking now that I cut him :vulcan_salute:

All together, with what I harvested in August, Plus January’s Electrify Harvest, and the Frozen Peaches I’ve had for almost a year, I’ve got roughly 12 oz of weed to last through June. I’m guessing that’s around when I should have smokable Blue Dream and Skywalker OG Kush from this current grow

3 Likes

A few shots of the girls. Took a few leaves, moved some things around…

May need to raise Blue Dream up a bit. Shes running short.

Blue Dream’s roots are slowly populating. Still a bit “Tan” :roll_eyes:

While Skywalkers roots are really taking off! Not a beautiful off-white either. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Here’s Tuesday Morning out the door…

Gotta keep telling myself this wasnt supposed to happen…
Blue Dream should be the taller plant. Nope.
Gonna have to raise her on platform to keep up with Skywalker.
I removed her training stakes to allow some free movement.

On my first grow, I lifted a short runt of a plant named Banana Bayou… She flourished, and was my most impressive at harvest. Not expecting the same from ol gimpy here, but you never kinow.
She does deserve the chance to get equal lighting, thats for sure. Gotta let some of the water out, Maybe siphon after work. Maybe not… :roll_eyes:

Would running the lamp at a slant work? Closer on the Blue Dream side? Any way to “Catch her up” to Skywalker?

3 Likes

Here’s today’s in-tent shots

3 Likes

Out the effendor pics

Skywalkers just killing it!

2 Likes

What can I say about Skywalker!? I’m pretty sure she just reached out to me telepathically (the Force?) screaming to flip her :100:

Blue Dream is plodding along…

Skywalkers roots are plentiful and a bit “toasted”… usually you can only get one or the other. :rofl:
Looks like a decent amount of roots for day 46 (I think) from seed…?

At this point they seem to be pushing past their nutrient burn “funk”, especially Skywalker.
Blue Dream, Im hoping will come together in flower.

Plan to flip this weekend. Hopes for 2nd topping are gone.

Skywalker should thrive, I think.

3 Likes

So…

Instead of raising Blue Dream, I reconfigured the ACI supplemental light bars to surround Blue Dream. Moved one the the Gorilla High CFM bars to make it happen. Keeping it on level 1 with the GLS main lamp keep the PPFD same/same! :beers: :beer:

Directly below, see Blue Dream only lit by supp lights at level1

Main lamp level 5 is around 550PPFD
Very consistant with the supplemental lights, Before this change, Blue Dream would trail behind by at least -50, up to -100 PPFD just being an inch or three farther from lamp.

Diluted mix in Blue Dream down to 500ish . Skywalker still going at 800PPM+/-
Skywalkers reservoir is getting low and will for sure need some nutes.
Thats going to be a tomorrow evening project.
Now?
Kicking back taking Freight Train hits.

5 Likes

Decided to adopt Google voices fuck up from the other day…
Here’s out the “effendor” pics…

Day 48 from seed…
Now, even though Blue Dream is a few inches lower than Skywalker, they will both have even PPFD due to the supplemental lighting above Blue Dream.
We’ll see what happens after the flip to flower. I’m interested to see how these two are going to grow vertically. May just let them go natural. Or not. :upside_down_face:

I’m not sure at this point what I’m going to do as far as scrogging, Etc. A lot to think about here in the coming days/weeks.
I still may have to raise blue dream. Unable to do ithat right now. Need to have someone there to help.

Obviously, she’s a bit smaller than Skywalker based on the simple fact that she’s missing a complete Branch due to my continuing stupidity…

At this time, Skywalker OG seems to be able to handle a bit more nutes than Blue Dream, although she has been through a bit less trauma. Hoping Blue Dream will pick up a bit. Also not sure what the characteristics are of this plant. Maybe she’s just pacing herself until she kicks in?

Also, committed to getting LSD seed planted in my 2x2 grow this weekend. That will happen.

2 Likes

Day 48 In-tent cam shots

3 Likes

Skywalker is looking pretty good. Worried about Blue Dream.

Blue Dream looking not so great, I think.
My photos kinda suck. Still have the light tips on both plants. Blue Dream is now going a bit yellow in the leaves. Everything I look at points to Nitrogen def or another deficiency. I was just in over-nute status I think for the past week or so. I dropped the nute level in Blue Dream the other day.

Any guesses?

One thing I just realized I forgot to check today is the PH. I’ll check again tomorrow.
Done for the day. Physical shit getting the better of me.
Im at a loss right now.

2 Likes

Fridays out the effendor Pic…

Skywalker is on empty. Almost no water in the res. Definitely feeding today.

Blue Dream, I may just empty out the res and go with low nutes again.
Unfortunately, Probably not going to flower this weekend. She’s not at all in shape for a flip. Probably a sure way to finish her at this point.

This is where my inexperiecne shines. Not enough real world knowledge to help when things go sideways.

3 Likes

From work straight to a couple different VA appointments. Here’s the girls once I got back home…

Was able to bring Stan with me to my appointments, so that’s cool! He found a comfy place to relax. He always makes plenty of friends when we’re out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Skywalker OG is bone dry. Mixing up some nutes right now. Going to drain water out of Blue Dream and set both girls at 600 PPM with dead on 6.0 pH

Skywalkers roots…

Blue Dreams roots…

Foliar spray with Athena Stack

5 Likes

Just got caught up on your thread

Great job

2 Likes

Thanks! Blue Dream is really freaking me out. I hope everything looks better tomorrow and through the weekend. I have no problem vegging another week, if newded. Blue Dream is still a bit small to turn, at least in my eyes.

There’s a bit of leaf yellowing on Blue Dream.

Still starting my LSD 2x2 grow tomorrow :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I finally caught up on your growlog @supersecretjim.

All the elements of Greatness here: Bold Decisions, Great Strains, Excellent Gear, Unlimited Funds, A Sympathetic Spouse and a Very Cute Canine! :clap: :clap:

A couple comments for your consideration:

• All that discussion of hygrometers and no one mentioned “The Salt Test?” Sheesh! Put your best meters (the ones with “calibration adjustment” in a mason jar with a bottle cap full of table salt that has been moistened. Cap it tightly and wait 24 hours for everything to stabilize. Calibrate the meters so that they read 75%. Use that to determine which of the little cheapo units are accurate then toss the rest of the ones that can’t be calibrated Now you know what the actual RH is.

• Brown roots in your Octopots don’t (usually) indicate a problem. They are most likely just staining from your nutes and additives. If you aren’t already using Hydroguard, or GFF in your mix to add beneficial bacteria you should look into it.

• If you need to “sterilize” a working reservoir to treat a problem, better to use hydrogen peroxide than bleach IMHO.

Best wishes as you head to a great harvest,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

7 Likes

3 Likes

LSD is in the ground! Check her out in all her glory :rofl:

Germinated today in my 2x2.5 Octopot grow

@ifish Interesting. Different from what many say. Please go on. Ive been led to believe dont go to flower if plant health in question. I like your train of thought…

3 Likes

That’s not the kind of trouble they talk about
Your blue dream looks fine , flipping will give her a huge boost and will help use up any access nutes etc

When blue in the mix they can be fussy , so we feed less and water less and take it from there

They are two very different strains , one feed and one style of watering won’t suit both perfectly , balancing act

Try not to compare them to each other , both different in looks , growth and needs

5 Likes