Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)

There’s a story I’d love to hear.

4 Likes

Good morning JP!
Good morning everyone!!
Morning @CanuckistanPete!!
:hugs:

3 Likes

Morning everybody!

4 Likes

Good morning Johnny, good morning OG’s, have a nice Friday.

5 Likes

Good Morning OG!

7 Likes

I’ve told the story here cuz. It’s in the Circus thread, way back somewhere lol
I started the circus thread in June last year

5 Likes

Good morning to all thanks jp for everything.

3 Likes

A short reflection here…
I’ve been growing Autos now for a year. Literally at least a couple thousand of them in that time, with around 100+strains. I got to say, to date they’ve done me well. No complaints, a few bad starts, but overall very nice. I’ve found them, for the most part, to be as good as Photos in yield and potency when grown with proper techniques. So I’m sold on em! lol
It’s been a helluva discovering journey and one I’m glad I undertook. It’s opened up a whole new world to me.
I’m not giving up my Photos, I have some that’re going to be with me until I die lol Like Frankenstein, for instance. But even her I’m going to turn a few of into auto…

I started this thread because I was going into autos and wanted to document my efforts there. Hope you’ve all enjoyed the ride along with me. Also hope you’ll continue along with me as I continue to document things as they develope.

12 Likes

Likewise!!! Indeed! Totally agree! Thanks JP!

3 Likes

Good morning brothers and sisters of the leaf.

I’m going to have to get a little deeper into the Auto Pool. I have only grown four examples. A white Widow that was a surprise auto. Turned shit. Then I grew out some SS#4. It was just ok. Nothing special and she was a tiny plant. I have a Fog Dog drying right now and a nice Blueberry girl that still has a couple weeks to go. If this FogDog proves to be good smoke and the Blueberry, I may be a convert. I just have never had an autoflower that I thought was worth the time, space and money to grow it.
Maybe I’m just not a good grower.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t say that cuz! i know from seeing as well as growing some of your seeds, you’re good! It took me searching for the right strains and then giving em what they needed. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of autos just like I did.
After all, autos over 6’ and a good bit of top grade bud to boot! lol

5 Likes

Nice try, we’ve seen your grows before and obviously that’s bullshit!

Morning OG. On my own internet this morning so moving up in the world. With any luck I can get all my shit done today (rain and soreness knocked me out early yesterday, you know the early hour of 5 PM) so that I can have the whole weekend off… to unpack boxes :expressionless:

Living the dream.

6 Likes

Ok. I’m just a FAIR grower.
@JohnnyPotseed is the Gold Standard, and I ain’t there.

YET!

But I’m working on it.

4 Likes

Does this mean you are in consideration of doing the JP’s Rudeeralis beans? (aka the pure Ruderalis you got to work with?)

3 Likes

lol thnx for that cuz. But I got to disagree
After growing literally all my life, I don’t consider myself to be the ‘gold standard’ you put me to be. I’m more thinking ‘competent’ as a better description. I know there are growers out there better than me, I don’t put on airs but I feel I’ve grown enough years to be called an experienced grower.

7 Likes

That’s a question I’ll have to hold on answering cuz lol The Rudy is just starting to drop pollen and I’ll have to see how much I can collect. If only small bit, that’s going into the project of turning some Frankenstein into auto. If there’s plenty then I’ll pollinate some girl Rudy to produce more beans.

6 Likes

Dedicated to life long learning and discovery.

And modest, too!

Thank you for all the gardening tips.

5 Likes

If you like what you find in the beans I sent, I’d be interested in trading for some rud pollen, if I can get to my plans at the right time.

2 Likes

I’ll keep you in mind cuz
it’s all depending on how much I can get from these 3 boys. They’re scraggly looking, due to not a lotta care lol and they’ve just started to open and drop pollen, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone. Looks like I need to go back tonight and read what I skipped

3 Likes