Fibro myalgia

Hello I seen recently that you have post covering topics from cancer to altimerz disease, but Im looking for any one who has or knows someone dealing with fibro myalgia they used to call it chronic pain, but changed it to a more yuppy name so more people can jump on board . I have been dealing with it for almost 20 years now. The doctors have screwed my body from front to back . I was addicted to pain killers for along time to I figured out it was another dog leash for the doctor’s to keep me coming back without ever solving the issue . I have been clean of all opoids for 2years.
I have swore off all north American medicine. I find cbd works very well but the problem with that is first and foremost the best or strongest cbd I have found is 6000 mil but I still have to take 2 to 3 droppers in the morning and then again at super time this has been very expensive at 250$ 275$ a bottle .I live in toronto :canada: If anyone knows of a place to order from at the 6000 mil or higher and alot cheaper than this, it would really help out . Another problem I have is ,we’ll if you not in the sorry not to offend anyone the 50 and over crowd, you won’t remember pot that smelt like pot smoked like pot and best of all got you high like good pot now this is another thing why I asked about others dealing with fibro because I re.ad that there was actually different strands that work differently ways some better that others having different results. If someone can post a list of these strains it would be very helpful . Just little information about fibro myalgia it attacks your central neve system ,it makes your whole body constantly ake ! There are up to 14 different symptoms to it you might get one you might get all 14 just some of the symptoms and this one almost everyone with fibro has it very sensitive elbows you elbow get so sore you can’t touch them to anything without screaming in pain. Waking out of a dead sleep in pain all over your body with swelling in feet and ankles . The feeling of being pinched under your arms, the calves of your legs and the muscles in the front of your shins are always sore . These are just a couple of the symptoms I have. . If anyone has any answer or questions looking forward to hearing from you thank you for taking the time to read my post have yourself a great day and share a smile with someone else it’s free !

18 Likes

My mom has fibromyalgia also. Sorry to hear about your struggle with getting effective treatment. If you want to grow it, there are seeds for high cbd strains available now. I’ve grown and my mom has tried from me and from the pot stores now many THC varieties. She gets some relief from a topical CBD ointment. Our friends make it, with way higher CBD content than anything else on the market here (US). I don’t know if they can ship to Canada, and it’s not cheap anyway. She didn’t find anything else particularly helpful for her fibro, and she works at a naturopathic clinic so she’s tried lots of alternative medicine and supplements. I know you’re not wanting to try more western meds, but about 6 months ago her doctor offered Lyrica, which isn’t an opiate, and its been life-changing. She still gets the beginning of flares, but she said it’s like if you’ve taken tylenol for a headache - the pain is blunted, and then it’s over in a few days instead of a couple months.

3 Likes

Here is something, 100 grams for $123, https://freshbros.com/product/compliant-full-spectrum-cbd-distillate/
I have ordered from them, good products and fast shipping.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for responding! My fibro is so far gone that I was on the full grain Lyrica and it does nothing for me I have even been on Cymbalta they are both really good just not for me . Thanks again for reaching out !

2 Likes

Aww. Sorry to hear that! I hope you find something that helps. <3

I just checked out that site definitely something I’m interested in thanks for that .

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, I have a good friend that has fibro too. Hard stuff and no real treatment. He gets an injection of something supposed to help in alleviating the pain, that works but not that much. I’ve proposed CBD but he dislikes it for it gives him nightmares he says (probably too much used to the dream memory suppressing effect of the THC). I helped him grow in his yard, but he quit smoking this summer (and taking care of the plants). :smiley: That’s a shame, I’ve planted an afghani that has great effect on the body I think might help. You should definitely try that kind of weed. You’re too far from me to send you a clone sadly.

Hope you’ll find your way fighting this shit!

1 Like

You say Afghani might help if I look around for the strain what exactly should I look for is it just Afghani or is there any number or anything with it ? And again thank you for your time reaching out !

1 Like

Can you or anyone explain how I sign up for the Doug Dawson’s giveaway thread?? I still haven’t figured it all out but I’m trying hahah !

5 Likes

Keep posting and commenting on threads. The green dots below your username have a effect on what you eligible for.
Sounds mad but have you tried contacting @DougDawson via a dm and asking his advice??? I’ve a feeling you may get a little more help that way than you expected. :v:

3 Likes

Haha I don’t even know what a dm is ! Sorry I really am trying before asking . I will just keep trying . You know what they say try, try, try, again !

2 Likes

Private message. Click on his user name.

1 Like

Hey @Thetravler. So the issue is you need to be TL2 before you can post or edit in the trading post threads. I see you joined in Feb during my auction and you have only posted in 3 threads since, including the auction. You are going to have to be a bit more active to reach TL2. Check out this thread for the requirements to reach TL2. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks Doug I can appreciate the need for security thanks again for your time ! I guess I will just keep going like Cinderella said at photo mat some day my prints will come ! Have a great night ,talk again soon !

3 Likes

Thanks again Doug I just read the full list of rules and again I appreciate and respect all things written and will gladly follow them !

1 Like

I have compiled a Listing of Strain/Varieties and the Medical Conditions they are known to offer relief from. The following are listed: BLUE DREAM, CANNATONIC (High CBD), HARLEQUIN (High CBD), ROMULAN, SCOOBY SNACKS (pain relief within 5 minutes). In the next few days, I’ll look through my “Stash” and see how many of those I have. I wanna say ALL, but had better hold off until I do a physical check. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Yeah really I say afghani, but that could be anything that has more of a body effect. Indicas mainly. I have no particular strain to recommend, I don’t know enough (yet) about fibro to be of real help. Given the amount of CBD medication you already have, that makes it more complex too to know what to advice correctly.

Wish you all the best anyway, cool to have a thread about fibro here, hopefully that would help gather and find good medication.

1 Like

Thanks for the info ! This has been a topic of many conversations .

Thanks again ! If you look at the post above yours Misterbee does just that, he names five different strains . I was just going to ask if this was a mixed bag of sativa and indica or just indica . I only smoke indica as far as I know anyway haha so I don’t really know what saliva would do for me ?

1 Like

Sativas may be less interesting for pain relief (they are less on the body side of the high), but it can be good for mood and to fight depression, which as I understood can be one of the symptoms of fibro. A sativa/indica hybrid with good CBD could be an option. But have no real strain to recommend on that. I bet @SamwellBB may have better advices. :slight_smile:

I’ve found this (which shares a few strain with @misterbee 's list), but you already probably know it

No idea about how accurate this list may be though.

Also found a few scientific studies but they had not much real conclusions other than “Cannabis seems to help”

4 Likes