Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)

Top of the morning to ya JP, hope the day plays out in your favor.

6 Likes

Good morning Johnny, good morning OG’s. Tokin Tuesday, have a nice day.
Almost forgot paralyzed monster.

9 Likes

Looking good and coming along nicely there cuz!

5 Likes

Good morning Buds!

8 Likes

Morning all! Happy Solstice to everyone and additionally so happy Indigenous Peoples Day!

10 Likes

When is Ingenious Peoples Day? I could use a holiday celebrating me :sunglasses:

Happy morning fuckers.

9 Likes

Good Morning people!

6 Likes

Morning bud

6 Likes

Good morning all. It’s going to be a sauna out there today. I think it’s a going to be a good day to get caught up on some inside work.

7 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Today!

OOHHH SHIT! If I still had a canvas tent I may have considered building a Solstice a shvitz!

4 Likes

So what do you do on a hot, muggy night in the Ozarks? Well, last night…

You break in the new still, of course.
Rice whiskey flavored with sassafras root. What do y’all think? It turned out mighty tasty IMHO. lol

11 Likes

WHOA! How’d you get it so clear without a burping jar?! :open_mouth:

This non-drinker is still impressed as fuck!

5 Likes

If it don’t come out looking like water it’ll be run a second time. This run will be distilled three times before it’s final cut to around ninety proof. We also filter the mash as much as possible before it goes into the still. I think that helps with clarity.

6 Likes

Am I correct to assume you need to be careful with sassafras root?
I think that is what I remember??
Hmm? Interesting!
Do you leave a strong taste, light taste, or just a hint.
The last shine guy I talked to used oak, for the barrel taste simulation, I assume anyway.

I will ask him about the sassafras root when I see him.
I love the soda pop!

3 Likes

@shag
Some studies have shown sassafras to be carcinogenic. My opinion is that I don’t intend to drink two gallon of it a day for my entire life (which I assume would be the equivalent to what the mice in the study were subjected to). I’ve been drinking sassafras tea about every spring for most of my life (it’s a hill thing). A little for flavoring is nothing compared to the crap I have ingested through years of working for a contractor / landscaper. We tore down hundreds of shacks built during the 40’s - 70’s that probably should have required hazmat suits. We didn’t even use respirators or masks other than sometimes a bandanna. lol
Anyway, right now the flavor is slightly more that minuscule. I like it that way. It’s more than a hint but less than overpowering the rice whiskey taste. It’ll loose some of it during the next two distillations. I may add the roots to some of the last run if I loose too much.
Hope that answers your question.

6 Likes

And then some! :heart_eyes:
Thank you kindly for your time.

Stay cool, beat the heat. :hot_face:
Shag

3 Likes

Any time Sir. :pray:

3 Likes

Really nice!! Congrats @MoBilly!! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

As a drinker not currently drinking, must say not drinking takes a bit of the fun of life away…! And all its silly (if not stupid!) moments we cherish so much!! @Pigeonman Also impressed!! It is a whole package! Difficult to explain!! No less!!

Your still looks amazing!! Once tried to get one going in order to use different types of fruit but never managed to do it! Way to go friend!! :hugs: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I love it and I gave up alcohol years ago. I’ve seen every moonshiners show, I would love to try making it.

3 Likes