Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 3)

Today I’m just breaking up 5gal water containers. The days of breaking open the pond left with the horses. lol

2 Likes

Only up to my waste. That was more than enough. lol

2 Likes

Lose footing slip and in ya go… up tp the waist or worse lol
Hard way to bust the ice up

1 Like

I tried to go out and make a half circle and then push the slab out and under the pond layer. I got half my half circle done and then I heard the snap and got that sinking feeling right quick. You know I still kept doing that after I got wet. I just learned to judge the ice better.

3 Likes

That sounds like a life lesson. lol

3 Likes

lol yeah stay off thin ice!

3 Likes

Yes, and learn from it the first time.

3 Likes

I reckon that makes me a hardhead lol

3 Likes

Well then… OK, just learn to expect the possibility of that outcome when you try it again.
:rofl:

2 Likes

lol it didn’t happen but a few times over all the years.but, it did happen and I got totally soaked in ice cold pond lol

2 Likes

Worse when it happens to you when it isn’t ‘work’ but busting the ice for fun as in fishing lol

2 Likes

I saw it happen a few times. When dad was stationed at Ft Riley we used to ride out bikes out to Moon Lake. The dare was to ride as far as you could without the bike slipping out from under you (or falling in). That stopped when a kid went in deep. I wasn’t there.

3 Likes

I always wanted to ice fish.
Grandpa would have skinned us though. lol

1 Like

Many is the morning I’d break the ice to be able to cast, or put skiff into water to get out to the middle… breaking the ice as i go

Never did the ‘hardcore’ ice fishing though lol the hut and fire etc over a cut circle

3 Likes

That’s hard core fishing. It must have been sustaining fishing and not just fun fishing. At least with me it would be unless someone showed me proof the monsters were biting. lol

2 Likes

I’d have to be seriously hungry to sit in a hut with a small fire-barrel going lol

2 Likes

It depends on who your with. I’ve done it with friends out hunting. We used to camp in a ~ 8x10 that we built just for that. Sometimes there were 5 or once 6 in that little shack. I spent a lot of time out by the fire but it made for some outstanding stories to remember. lol

4 Likes

morning all have agreat day

5 Likes

Morning OG crew! Spent 5 hours in the ER with the missus yesterday. She had a round of nasty vertigo. Today should be better.

6 Likes

Hope she gets it sorted and is doing better. That stuff is no fun.

Morning OG!

5 Likes