Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 5)

lol @Butterthief1959 I don’t actually count it as ‘morning’ either, cuz. But it IS technically Saturday, and ‘morning’ in the most broad of terms. lol or, ok … how about PRE-morning?! :scream: :rofl: :crazy_face: :+1: I just had to get yas, lol

4 Likes

It’s pretty bad when you can send a box of shit through the mail but you hafta be careful where you send beans. Infnuckingcredible.

Oh. Good morning folks.

9 Likes

Good morning :sunrise_over_mountains: my friends!

@BigMike55 ,
Please try and listen to those warning signs! I’ve lost enough friends. How about you try to stick around a good long while.

6 Likes

On my way to the barn.
BBL

6 Likes

Morning OG! Print shops were notorious prank fests. Set the machine up well and you had time to fuck with your buddies all day.

6 Likes

Good Morning OG :coffee: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Well, at least I do feel ok today after that passing out shit yesterday. I do think I will stay in the cool today.
It’s weird that when I was in my tens and early twenties, I could hang around outside all day. Even worked for about ten years in the Oklahoma oilfield. I think my temperature range was like -20 to 120°. Now it’s like 80 to 85° anything else is too hot or too cold. Getting old sucks.

7 Likes

@BigMike55
Have you ever dropped out like that before? After my second time I got to where the heat drains me in just a short time and I sweat buckets. I kid you not. I’m like a scoop of ice cream on the sidewalk. I have to keep water right on my side at all times out there. 1 - 1 1/2 gallons of water every day when I have to be out in it.

When I was landscaping I put in 10 hr days shoveling rock or whatever was on the list that day. I loved it! I still miss it. There’s something about taking a bare hillside and turning it into something amazing that the property owner is proud of. A persons living environment has so much bearing on their state of mind. In a strange way I felt like we were doing a service for our customers that bettered their emotional state of mind and thus their lives as a whole. I know we put a lot of smiles on a lot of faces. lol
I’m stoned and rambling now… lol

8 Likes

Never fell out like that before. Kinda scary, waking up and not knowing what the heck happened. I’m ok now tho. Thanx bro.

8 Likes

Glad you’re good @BigMike55 . I dropped hard in the hardware store. New allergy meds combined wrong with my meds. BP fell thru the floor, then I did. I’d even asked the pharmacist.

5 Likes

Worked outside my whole life in places like Tucson, L.A., Dallas but in my 50’s passed out due to heat.
Not a fun thing for sure and reminds one they are not invincible.
Take it easy for a few days and you will be fine!

7 Likes

You might wanna get some tests run just to be safe . Got to watch that heat / humidity as you get older . Siestas / naps in the heat of the day aint against the rules . This aint the patch & everything aint got to be fixed a week ago . Goal is to enjoy yer ill-gotten gains , not stroke out & let the wife have it all . All this rain we been having I got behind on the tree-trimming / debris removal etc . Pushed too hard a few days ago & am just now feeling up to getting back with it . Want to get 'er done , 'fore we get a storm in the GOM this year .

6 Likes

good to hear you are feeling ok today @BigMike55 have a chill and relaxing Saturday

3 Likes

Wouldn’t hurt to get checked out my friend. @BigMike55, Glad you’re ok.:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Hey everyone. I have a question. I have a Spider Farmer 2000 that I bought just before the company started putting dimmers in the controls. Is there any reason that I couldn’t modify my SF with a dimmer control? Would the LED’s be different or anything else might prevent it from being done safely? For instance, resistors…

1 Like

Appreciate it guys. No getting checked out for me.
I remember getting cut really bad when I was a kid. Went to my dad thinking we might need to see a doctor. He looked at the cut spot and said, “I don’t see no bone… You’ll be ok.”
So if it ain’t like limbs falling off or heart attack, the emergency room ain’t for me. Haha. Thanks, Dad (RIP).

5 Likes

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has an awesome Saturday!
The heat thing is brutal. The last two seasons I’ve been in full sun. Drink water and never pee! On my days off I don’t want to be outside at all!

3 Likes

Did the same thing with Mars lights. I liked the dimmer knob so much I contacted them to see what I could do. They said instead of fooling around with the internal, just get a new driver with the volume pot already installed. He told me, unless you are really knowledgeable about electronics and soldering, ect, you would likely screw up a good driver.
Just a heads up.

3 Likes

Ahhh but hydration is a must.
I prescribe a nice refreshing enema for you…… nothing like some good old fashioned home cure!

4 Likes

Really? Enema??? Should I follow that up with a nice catheter so I can pee?
I think I’ll pass.