Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 5)

Very nice! I miss working in a custom cabinet shop! All the tools they have! :heart::green_heart::heart::green_heart::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

My youngest son owns his own cabinet shop, building from scratch, custom cabinets in million$+ homes, and businesses. Doing really good with the best rep in the area. Stays booked up months in advance.

2 Likes

I loved lumber delivery days! A flat bed full of rough sawn! I got to get nice and toasty on those days. Mostly just fed the giant planer all day. The following day not so baked. Table saw all day. I don’t mind getting ripped and playing with power tool but repetitive monotonous table saw work you can get complacent and loose body parts. That shops saw wouldn’t even notice bone! FYI hickory gives me mixed emotions! The light smells like popcorn when cut then you cut a dark piece and it smell like manure and ruins the whole aroma therapy thing ya had goin on! :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll never forget when I managed to get my hands on some missile pallets from Airforce, I had a Major friend hooked me up with the connection. Rough cut 5/4 Mahogany is what they were using. I got a ton of that wood! Used it to make all kinds of cabinetry!

3 Likes

Nice! I also built a buddy a set of cabinets out of mahogany scraps! The golden flecks that jumped outta that dark wood once cleared were beautiful!

1 Like

I s

3 Likes

lol I built a ‘his & hers’ wall to wall, floor to ceiling cabs in this millionaire’s home, in each dressing room. After I finished, the lady of the house had remodeled a lot of other rooms (done by myself & crew) she looked at the stained finished products, and said… ‘can we paint it to match the rest of the house now’? I went ballistic and walked, told her ‘if that’s what she wanted, get someone else to do it’!
That was a waste of damn fine Mahogany!

4 Likes

:joy: fckn homeowners! :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

When I was a lot younger I worked for an old man doing tile and granite for a couple years. We worked on John Daly’s house for a few months one time. That was pretty cool. He’s from the next town over from where I live

2 Likes

Matthew McConaughey has a house in Austin. And man you should see this house and motorcycles and cars! I got to install the AC system when the house was built!

2 Likes

Did an 1800+ octagon outer perimeter with 24 steps ballroom style stairs on Ron Reagans (the advisor, not the Pres, lol) home in Williamsburg. herringbone configuration 4’ centers on decking.

A bridge we built to an island in the center of a pond to photograph cars.All full size lumber

2 Likes

Lotta talented folks on here!

4 Likes

Yet all of us lazy stoners can’t get anything done!:joy:
Nice work y’all! :muscle:t3:
People think we all just work in ditches! Oh wait… we do that too! :joy:

This was actually “air conditioning” work! :joy: I had young and healthy days! Burying pipe for refrigerant lines. Damn inspectors and their probes. Aliens aren’t the only ones you have to worry about! :joy:

7 Likes

I prefer to think of us as the independent, creative bunch, that goes our own way!

3 Likes

Once I built a grocery store,we applied for permits and then cut ditches for all the refrigeration lines and completed all that.well we still didn’t officially have a permit,as the city had asked for mechanical engineering. So we were at a standstill.The Electrician says he works with them so he will go down and see if they will inspect our lines Before we got the permit.The city shows up an hour later ,with a stop work order.lol

2 Likes

@MoBilly turned us onto this fella the other day. He’s got a lot of damn good music!
Go to You-Tube and check him out, folks.
Oliver Anthony

3 Likes

You all are some really talented people!
Good night, see you for coffee

2 Likes

He gots real heart.You can hear the youthful spirit in his voice.

2 Likes

Yeah I should’ve used quotations! Lol not my words! :fist:t3:

2 Likes