Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 5)

,mmmmm. Tater salad.

2 Likes

Damn good tater salad! lol

2 Likes

I must have not received my in-vite. Hawhaw.

3 Likes

It’s in the mail, brother… :lying_face:

4 Likes

Them plates are vintage, older than Rose, lol Got a whole set from cleaning out an attic doing a remodel on an old house. Owner said toss everything… so we did, Right into out truck! Short stop by our house on the way to landfill, lol
Some folks got more dollars than ‘sense’ lol
8 place settings, plates, saucers, small bowls, large bowls, gravy boat and serving platters/bowls, etc even the damn butter dish/cover!
Checked out on Ebay and them damn things are expensive!
She breaks em out for ‘special occasions’ lol
Had em around 30yrs or more now.

5 Likes

Damn, you got hoodwinked! Lol, I think you’ll survive though. What a tasty surprise. That tater salad looks amazing!

1 Like

Yep, lol I was a bit bummed over the outdoors/grilling getting shot down. But that meal made up for it! Especially with them oatmeal-raisin cookies for chaser. lol

3 Likes

I’m getting Chinese food. My wife doesn’t like it. She’ll tolerate it and peck at it, but definitely not a fan. So I never get to have it, lol. But I want it, so Chinese it is!

5 Likes

I asked the wife if I should turn up the A/C and she gave me the cold shoulder. Feels cooler in here already!

4 Likes

We’ve had the door open with pedestal fan going all day. felt nice until about 3PM lol then the AC came on!

2 Likes

I love potato salad and that looks so delicious @JohnnyPotseed
Catch everyone in the AM :rocket:

2 Likes

After the kids got grown and outta the house, Rose decided to go back to College and picked up a couple Diplomas. Business, and Culinary arts. She was a damn good cook already, but wanted to expand her knowledge base, she said. I ain’t complaining! lol Love her cooking!

5 Likes

You’d better, otherwise she’ll give you the business!

3 Likes

lol No problem there, cuz. Her cooking was one of the things ‘trapped me’ back in the early '80s!

That old saying about the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, was written with me in mind!

3 Likes

Man, Tulsa & Sand Springs got hammered last night! Mayor declared State of Emergency, Power lines down, trees uprooted, lots of damage to homes, ruptured water lines, gas lines, etc We’re basically ‘high-n-dry’ here, with zero damage to our home, sheds, barn, car etc. The pics I posted were a tree or two on property beside us, that came over onto our property. Very slight slope to this place, so water runs off. Mostly a lot of tree debris, leaves, small twigs, smallish limbs… But never lost power, lots did though.
Sand Springs sits between Tulsa and us.
Supposedly, 4 confirmed tornadoes came by us
over 100,000 homes out of power, in the immediate area. (20-25 minute ride)

7 Likes

Dang man! I was hoping for a good rain up here but all we got was just enough to make it muggy when the sun came out.
Good night all.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds intense, I feel bad for those without power or gas. I am glad you made it through unscathed.

1 Like

Tried getting up with @Oldjoints but no answer yet. He’s right there in the middle of it. Hope they made it through ok.
Same for @Guitarzan
Those are the only two I know, close to us.

3 Likes

Damn, hope they’re alright. Glad you staved it off. Really feel for everyone else that’s been put out though. :frowning:

2 Likes

We have a storm/tornado cellar, under the back porch. wired, and fresh air pipe, etc. It’s overgrown with cobwebs lol never used it in 6yrs.

2 Likes