Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 5)

Understand and agreed to basically, lol I did say ‘at least a week’ 2 works for me as the best. But I don’t grow hydro and I use a lot of natural nutrients.
Actually, my own composted mix is usually rich enough, I barely need any additional nutes. I use what I do more to ‘balance’ things.
With very little added, the mix will take just about any plant through 5-6 months.

edit… oh @herojuana.tom , I don’t know what study you found that info in, lol but whoever did it, sure didn’t contact Ganja connoisseurs!

3 Likes

I feel the need to take this a bit further, lol
Unflushed Marijuana is, imho, tastes like shit, as you said, lol It’s usually the product of someone pushing chemical nutes into it up to the point of harvesting. Or by someone not well versed in growing.

I’m not trying to come off as snobbish over Ganja, lol but just as someone that’s smoked daily, for many decades and prefers the natural taste to ‘choke-a-dope’

6 Likes

I’ve never “flushed” for more than a week. Next time I will go for two. I guess I’ve never completely flushed out before I harvested… :thinking: I’ve been smoking shite! Good shite, but shite.
:cry:

3 Likes

The time involved to cure is almost always dictated by the nutes/strength used, and sometimes even the strain can take part in it.
You should experiment to find your own personal ‘happy spot’, my friend.

Very little of my growing method has changed in over 20+ yrs. My lighting and location, but not much else, lol I’ve added BBP to my arsenal, but other that that I’ve used the same, my own composted mix and nutrients to help

3 Likes

I have definitely noticed the difference in taste and burn from flushed to unflushed bud. Back when I used synthetic fertilizers and consumed cannabis of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sidebar:
Hey JP, what’s the best way to collect seeds from a fully seeded plant? Was thinking a mesh bag cover and over-drying. Then good ol fashion crumble and sift…
Part two: Drying seeds, thoughts?

3 Likes

I will @JohnnyPotseed .
I guess I was being greedy. You know, push them till the end so there’s more bulk to the buds. Another week of nutrients wouldn’t make much of a difference with that so like I said, I plan to try a longer flush. I just remembered reading to “flush for a week”.
I’ve had my Frankenstein and Atonic on straight water for 6 days and was hoping for a couple more. Now I think I will go longer.
The humidity in there is hanging ~ 57%. If it doesn’t get much higher, I think it’ll be fine for another few days at least.

2 Likes

lol Again cuz… I’m old-fashioned. I prefer to retrieve the beans by hand, while also salvaging some Ganja to smoke as well, lol
I hang the plant like any other until dried, then after debudding, I either cure it or place on plates to dry further. then mulch it down to collect the beans.

2 Likes

Thank you thank you. That’s how I feel about it as well. Though I keep hearing about leaving seeds out to dry. Like a couple days or a couple weeks?

2 Likes

Yep, I always let em dry a few days myslef

2 Likes

Well, I’ll have plenty to go around very soon.
Just started plucking a bunch of the ripe ones from the inner bracts and lowers before they fell to the soil. I got about 100 so far that were just busting at the seams, lol. Anyone here is welcome to some when they’re dry. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Good Night OG!
I’ll cyas tomorrow.

5 Likes

Night bud.
Thanks again for the info!

3 Likes

Night Johnny!

3 Likes

Good night everyone. :crazy_face: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Good night all!

4 Likes

Goodnight Circus dwellers! Goodnight 403 Forbidden! :joy:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone!
Steady at it this morning doing chores, coffee and a smoke is next.
Enjoying the start of the week,

NOT

5 Likes

About to head out to tend the plants after a morning burn.
Have a great Monday OG…….

7 Likes

Mornin’ @JohnnyPotseed @buck90 @Oldjoints & OG.

7 Likes

Good morning y’all! I’ll keep it short before I get forbidden again! Guess I’ll spend some time smashing my phone against stuff so I can get a like in here or there! :joy: Y’all have a good one! Stay cool. Drink water!

4 Likes