Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 7)

I was just reading up on this and thinking about trying it because my mother tent is very small and I would like to keep more varieties while utilizing less space. If my math is right, i’d end up with 10 new mothers in this next round. I wonder if there is a limit on the amount of grafting one plant can handle.

If I have it right of the top off my head, its V shape joint on both cut and receiver. Then graft tap or cut a rapid rooter like hot dog bun, wrap around and keep moist then slowly harden off the jointed area if taken.

1 Like

I should have been more clear, I mix up the feed in the one gallon, but only feed like a 28oz(larger cup) of it to them every 3 days. Just enough to get runoff.

1 Like

For that grafting I’d recommend reading up on the thread created by @Andrane … that dude had around 10 on one plant that he’d kept going for years. But somewhere, somehow, he lost it. Due to illness I think it was. But, a good idea is to always keep at least 2 mothers of what you want to have around. That has saved my ass more than once!
https://overgrow.com/t/andrane-grows-crazy-stuff/90829/593

5 Likes

Sucks to be out of likes by 7am :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 holy mackerel! I’d say 4 mothers with 4 additional varieties on each would be ideal.

When flowering out those grafted mother plants after getting all the use from her has to be really hard on the receiver plant.

Thanks for the link, Ill go through his thread and absorb as much as I can.

1 Like

There are also a lot of other tutes about grafting online

Good morning Johnny, good morning @CanuckistanPete @m0sirys @InTheWoods, good morning OG’s. Happy New Year’s Eve.:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

I’ll be shooting for around 5-6 per mother plant.

1 Like

Thnx! and Happy New Year’s Eve to you as well, my friend!

2 Likes

When they’ve lived a long life of giving up clones. You can put em into the budroom to give ya one last gift… lol the final buddage. But don’t expect a lot from em! They are tired and worn out, lol But waste not, want not… I always retired mine into the budroom also. lol

2 Likes

Even without a large yield, Just seeing the variety of fades happening all over on one plant would keep me staring for hours haha.

3 Likes

ANNOUNCING! NEW YEAR’S BTGT+1 SALE!!
Alright, good citizens of the OGniverse, it’s that monthly sale time again…
Buy any two packs of available strains and receive another two packs of your choice free, plus one pack of my choice! so 5 packs for the price of 2!
With free S&H!
This sale will run from today @7AM (my time-central time) until 7PM on Saturday January 6,2024
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Good luck!

https://overgrow.com/t/johnny-potseeds-hall-of-genetics/

8 Likes

@InTheWoods a good tute on how to tend mothers is here on OG, done by OldTimer1 in '98 ( I think it was then) it was reposted by @HydroPower in the Breeders Lab
https://overgrow.com/t/bonsai-mums-by-oldtimer1/

1 Like

Morning everyone. I see class is in session. I have been taking notes. Will there be a test???

5 Likes

Of course theres a test Mike…what day is it?

2 Likes

er… funday?

1 Like

You will do as well as you always do:

IMG_0506

2 Likes

F+ is a!most passing. Ill take it.

1 Like

Better than the ‘0’ I always got!

I had a dream the other night that you gathered up a bunch of leaves from a beautiful plant and pored clear acrylic over and made a guitar body with marijuana leaves. Stoner dream.

2 Likes

TBH I have thought of doing just that. The only thing that stopped me was I was afraid the law would consider it possession in unfriendly cannabis states……….

5 Likes