Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 8)

lol I bought a 1950 Dodge Meadowbrook at an auction, because my mom saw it and fell in love. then fully restored it completely for her. She drove it once and almost wrecked it! lol No power steering or power brakes, lol She told me to take it. I kept it a year and traded it. That car was named ‘Tank’ too!

4 Likes

Picture this in forest green and that’s Tank.

Had the white walls too.

9 Likes

Guess how many teenagers can fit in that thing and me still be able to drive! lol
I never found out because I never had enough friends to fill it up!
:rofl:

3 Likes

lol I hear ya! The Dodge i traded got turned into a chopped lowrider in Florida.
I didn’t care, i got a K5Blazer with the hard shell removable cap (40" Micky-Ts) and a nice bass boat n trailer for it. lol

1 Like

Did yours have the directional antenna above the windshield? That old AM radio was amazing as long as you were sitting still. You could turn the antenna and fine tune the signal. Great for parking with your girl but going down the road the farthest stations faded in and out at every turn in the road. lol
I was the second owner. The car still had the original paint (zero rust) and the whisk broom and fire extinguisher mounted under the dash.

Naw this is what it looked like. it had the fluid-drive tranny, you could shift it, or it’d shift through the gears itself.

only in black

4 Likes

I was surprised the Dodge Dealer was able to get every bit of the original trim for the restoration!

1 Like

OH yeah! Tank 2! lol
Folks in little sports cars give you a wide birth when they see that cruiser headed their way!
Every time. lol

1 Like

Air bags!? We don’t need no stinking “AIR BAGS”!

1 Like

lol nor seatbelt!I put seatbelts in it when it was restored, for mom. but it didn’t need em according to the Law. It didn’t come with em (not even optional) but I put in front lap belts because after all, it was my mom! lol

2 Likes

Those were great at the drive-in!

1 Like

The guy you hit with Tank might wish for airbags

1 Like

lol i bet! i wouldn’t know. i only bought the Dodge for mom, and only kept it a year (long enough to find a good trade for it.) Rose n the kids had a blue on blue tricked out Suburban she drove with them around.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I had to put cloth seat covers on because my butt wanted to slide out from under me on turns. Those seats were slick! lol
So many memories.
Like when someone told me I couldn’t get scratch with something that heavy. He didn’t know what a flat head straight 8 was capable of. I laid rubber through first and barked going into second. When I came back around the block my friend was actually on his knees in the street. I thought he was doing the “bow to greatness” thing. Instead, he was pulling up long strips of rubber off the road!
:rofl:

Same with the Dodge Meadowbrook, flat head straight six lol mom drove it up onto a median to keep from killing some people in a small car stopped at a red light! lol That’s when she got it home, called me to ‘come get this killer machine’!!

That thing did NOT ‘stop onna dime’…

1 Like

I loved it though. It was like the difference between flying a biplane and a Cessna. You always had to keep all that in mind. Them cars were HEAVY and stopping that kind of weight is different than driving a Mustang. lol
It sure got around in the winter though.

1 Like

I honestly didn’t care for the Dodge lol I only bought it for mom at an auction we’d gone to.

I drove my dad’s Chrysler 300. Fabric interiors are a bad for hot boxing for hours at the drive-in. “Was someone smoking in my car?” " Must have been when I went to the snack bar." He was pissed after he had to take his Mobil Oil executive buddies to lunch.

2 Likes

I’d love to have Tank back. There’s a few that I’d really like to own again in fact. My 67 Camaro is at or near the top of the list.
That thing was nice.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind getting my 1984 Chevy crewcab Silverado dually back! lol I restored it and drove it back here to Ok when came back here… then sold it a couple years later.

lol that 454 was just too hard on the gas station! 8mpg when tuned good! here in OK there’s a lot of gas stations that carry the oldschool leaded gasoline… it ran better on that high dollar stuff! lol

1 Like