Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 8)

But it would pull a mountain if it could get the traction!

1 Like

Yep, lol we had a mobile jewelry sales/repair shop trailer, I used it to pull. Like it wasn’t even there

1 Like

My mother went/is going through this. Small spots they found a few years ago that haven’t changed over the years of monitoring, most likely benign.
Hopefully your situation is similar and you are able to enjoy many more years of enjoyable health 🫶🏼

2 Likes

lol that’s just the ‘tip-of-the-iceberg’ here brother! I have entirely too much wrong and going out in my body! Doc gave me that ‘any time now’ talk two years ago! Then again earlier this year. The only reason I’m not in a hospice center is I have my family to care for me…

The spots were just a parting ‘cherry on top’ of everything else!

4 Likes

Doc laughs when I tell him I’m gonna make a liar outta him n live to 101.

1 Like

That is a thing that is, unfortunately, dying out in this country. And it’s the glue that held us together.
I’ve said it before brother. You did right by those boys and it’s paying off. Good solid character is the gift you gave them.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the way my family has always done. We cared for our elders when they get to where they couldn’t… none of that ‘rest home’ or ‘hospice care’ crap

3 Likes

Dad is 95, broke his hip last year, mom 92…legally blind.
My brother & I have kept them in their home of 60 years and act as taxi service when needed, we are now the ‘adults in the room’.
I feel privileged to still have them around and try to remember that when patience is running thin. Quality parents are a blessing.
Pic is the 39 Packard convertible my brother and I retrieved from Tulsa about 15 years ago, looks showroom fresh today…a trailer queen,

it’s almost finished.

8 Likes

Oh man! Now there’s a gem for sure!
also, glad to hear there’s still folks that do still care for their folks! Way to go!

1 Like

This is a 38 hardtop…that’s original paint, car had 25K miles when my brother found it.(Dad is inspecting)

7 Likes

lol and another gem! Awesome

I’m always a fan of the older models, restored or original, makes no diff. lol hate the new plastic crap that doesn’t last. But we take what we can get nowadays, lol

3 Likes

I remember my dad having a 54 Chevy. I remember the windshield wipers working by the vacuum on the carburetor. The faster you drove, the slower the wipers went, as I remember.
Remember dimmer switches under the left foot on the floor?? What about the old Plymouth. I had a Valiant that had the transmission shift with buttons on the dash.

Also had an old Rambler that was such a piece of shit, someone actually stole it and I never reported it missing. It was like good riddance.

3 Likes

Had the slant 6 in it? Those were amazing engines. You couldn’t blow one up with a stick of dynamite. lol

3 Likes

Good news, son checked out that Silverado, and went ahead and picked it up for us. It need some engine work, brakes, tires, and a windshield… not bad… other than that, it’s good he says. Bringing it here now. So now there is one thing less on the checklist. lol

15 Likes

I’ve had great luck with both Silverado’s I had. Mostly just changed oil and tires.

Gonna close down for the evening folks. I’ll cyas tomorrow.

Good Night OG!

6 Likes

I agree brother!! :+1: can’t beat that older stuff, it was before our government figured out how to cheapen everything all the way down to the steel… something else I really miss is stickshifts!!! Looks like they’re being ousted as time goes on… I hate auto trannies… such trash! Lol

2 Likes

good morning @JohnnyPotseed and OG :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

have a great day :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Morning JP. Morning @m0sirys , morning OGs!

3 Likes