Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 8)

Happy hump day JP, and OGs

5 Likes

Good morning JP, @Greenfingers and @OrganicGorilla, hope everybody has a great day!

5 Likes

Good Morning OG!
@crownpoodle
The Silverado is a 2005 crewcab, in need of some tlc, also brakes, tires, windshield, few other odds & ends. Windshield going in today. Son is going over it with deep inspection to find everything needed to bring it up to ‘very dependable’ status… I’ve had probably 4-5 Silverado crew cabs, some dually, some 4 wheel. Always been a good truck for me. We’re still using his pickup (GMC sierra, extended cab) until this one is ‘ready’ for us.

2 Likes

good morning @JohnnyPotseed , @Greenfingers , @OrganicGorilla , @Sailorboy and OG!

4 Likes

Morning Dudes and Dudettes.
Slept a tad late this morning. Had to stay up late. OKC Thunder was spanking Dallas’ ass and I just HAD to watch.

4 Likes

That’s what I drive. 2003 GMC Sierra extended. She’s too thirsty to want to take on a long trip now days so I have to borrow a ride to get to OK again this year. But that old truck has a ton of miles on her and runs like a top and takes no oil between changes. And it would climb a tree in four wheel if it had thumbs.

1 Like

Yep, son has had this thing for around 7-8 yrs and it’s very dependable, runs good but does drink the fuel! lol Glad we aren’t going any big distance with it…
Not sure but I think it’s well into the 300k+ now

Oh and good morning all!

We will be in level 4 out of 5 on the “hold on to your hat” weather forecast. Possible softball hail, tornado’s, extremely high winds.
Yeeeeee Haaaaa!!!

2 Likes

Batten down the hatches and make sure all the animals are protected, brother. Hope ya ride it out in good shape!

2 Likes

My home was built from an old church. Been a lot of prayers uttered inside these walls. Maybe some are still sticking around. lol

1 Like

We listened to that tornado that hit/flattened town just north of us the night before last. It jumped over us… heard the ‘freight train’ ear popped, etc
it formed up about 3 miles south of us

2 Likes

That’s a little close buddy. Yikes. Glad you’re ok. Someone isn’t.

1 Like

Dang man. I’ve been within 200’ of one when it destroyed the house across the street and then the one on the other side of our yard. That thing jumped the next street and came down on the elementary school on the next block.
Crazy how they can skip one house like that.

2 Likes

Over the years, I’ve been through too damn many tornadoes! Can’t even count em. Some I got hurt in (twice, broken bones, nothing serious, but…)some went undamaged

2 Likes

Bouncing ball comes to mind

2 Likes

But, like I said before. Aftr going through so many over the years. One I had hold of a pole with one arm, and had hold of Rose with the other hand while her feet were out in the air! lol The sons wanted to do that! They thought it’d be ‘fun’! They were 6,7,8
But anyhow, aftr so many, I did hardcore deep research before I bought this place! lol WHEW!!

Been through tornadoes in all 4 of the ‘quad-state region’ OK, TX, AK, LA
Still come back to live in the area all the time! lol

2 Likes

I wish Dad had had the forethought to do the same. Instead he bought a ridge in tornado alley. But it was what he could afford with his military retirement. My brother has the field out in front of his place and watched a tornado waltz right through the center of it once.

3 Likes

There were 18 places in our price range when I started looking. They got narrowed down gradually, to just 3. The other two were both in good protected places, but one I’d have to get a well in, the other had only been hit once by tornado. This place was more expensive by a couple thousand, but no Tornado since they started recording em.

edit… The original house on this property burnt to the ground about 35+ yrs ago, before the firehouse was put in across the street! About 60-70’ away from our front door

2 Likes

And believe me, lol I’m on first name basis with the fire chief!

2 Likes

Dad could have bought better land (with soil lol) but it would have been fewer acres and he had three sons that he wanted to leave something to. I’m proud to own this land even with the possible tornado’s and lightening strikes that get your ears to ringing. We had to replace the well pump several times from lightening. Every foot of the place is ours and not a penny owed. Dad did right by us even if I can’t raise crops like on Grandpa’s or my Uncles places.

3 Likes