Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 9)

I have mixed feelings about fall. We close the cottage after next week as the weather here shifts. Here comes the dam cold, lol. Hopefully we get good weather, its a crap shoot every Sept.

6 Likes

I know your weather. I was raised in Boston. I know the Northern winters. Maybe not quite as bad as yours but still pretty rough. I went to Montreal one winter to see the ICE Sculptures. Dont even know if they still do that.

4 Likes

They do, its a big event. Leave it to Canadians to do so many things with ice, lol. Its normally a real fast shift in weather. Was 32c yesterday, weather is showing 16c next week, lol. But who trusts meteorologists. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Here in oklahoma we have Two Seasons. Summer and Winter. Or as i call it. Dam hot, and dam cold.
Oh yeah. We do have that one day of Spring and two days of fall.

5 Likes

So you are going to winterize the cabin this trip?

1 Like

Oh yeah!
The whole festival runs mid Jan. to mid Feb. and the ice sculptures are a big part of that.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

lol I gotta wait 20 minutes it looks like
so here ya go
:heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

outa likes
:heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Yup, gotta fog all the engines in the jet skis and atvs. Take apart the plumbing, drain pipes , yadda yadda. I used to do it the end of October but now I just close down after my Sept holidays. Just makes it easier. Its an 8 hour round trip drive and a pain to go up just for a weekend of work.

2 Likes

We too have 2 seasons, winter and construction.

7 Likes

Makes total sense. Especially knowing the nature of the Winter onset.

1 Like

Yup, my balls are much happier not having to get into the lake to take out the plumbing in late October.

7 Likes

I hate being neck deep in cold ass water but don’t worry. They’ll drop back down in the Spring.
:rofl:

7 Likes

I think I’ve done it half a dozen times in snow storms…
:laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Damnitall! lol I lay down for a bit, get back up to all this from everyone and can’t like any?!
@Crawlin-Bear63 :heart: :heart: :heart:
@MoBilly :heart: :heart: :heart:
@DougDawson :heart: :heart: :heart:
@Papalag :heart: :heart: :heart:
@BigMike55 :heart: :heart: :heart:
@Gpaw :heart: :heart: :heart:

12 Likes

If I don’t get busy I’ll be cutting my firewood in the dang snow again this year.
Ice and snow do not mix well with chainsaws.
I took some good advice and bought some crampons though so this year I’ll have better footing if I have to be out in it.

5 Likes

Goodmorning jp… heres my take on wallyworld… they have screwed the economy up since their birth… and they are a shit company… like oj said… theyll spend tons making sure they dont let anyone win … but it doesnt mean you cant win…

Id like to see em go under and all the little mom n pop stores come back…

Definitely better than going and buying shit to wait in a line… to buy… then wait in another line to have a receipt checked…

Sometimes i tell em… look at cams if you think i stole something, im not stopping !!

7 Likes

You feeling any better?
Word of warning, im sure you know. Dont kick back and not work out. Your hip will get stove up and you will have to start over. Dont ask me how i know.

7 Likes

True words right there.

4 Likes

Lol, yup, you know what I speak of.

Oh yeah, me too. Just decided a couple years ago to srop punishing myself.

Oh yeah, got them at the lake and in my SUV. Gotta keep them feet secure on the ground.

3 Likes