Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 9)

And that’s exactly what I’ve seen happen time & time again. Happens on Reddit too, since anyone can start a subreddit.

I actually got banned from my state’s MMJ subreddit :rofl: Some mod who had been inactive for a long time was suddenly super active and always posting about Delta-8 :thinking: and also happened to be posting about D-8 in lots of other subreddits. Including multiple other states’ MMJ subs. I brought this to other users’ attention and I got banned lol

But this power hungry mod also banned the one main mod who did the most community interaction. After that their sub went downhill, no one was posting as much and there wasn’t the “community” feel to it anymore. I had been pretty active writing up reviews & submitting pictures. We even had adopted a shared format that was becoming commonplace between a few of us who left reviews of state medical program strains. But after “the shakeup” / debacle / power trip, the place was just never the same. Now a review consists of “I had that, it’s fire” or “that was garbage, had no smell and terps only at 4%” whiny baby bullshit…

…*ahem* s’cuse me, think I accidentally triggered something while I was typing all that lol

Edit: oh yeah, and right after the shakeup we just started a new subreddit with almost the same name. It never was the same but the new one was still more of an active community than what the old one became

Sometimes I swear there’s strange forces afoot, and the internet has a lot of shadows where they can move and operate. Felt like the twilight zone when one day the sub was cool, next day everything changed but i’m in the wrong for pointing it out lol

3 Likes

Gonna close it down here, folks.

Good Night OG!

7 Likes

Good night partner. Good night everybody else.

4 Likes

Not too bad, I managed to stay in bed most of the night lol

9 Likes

I’ll take not too bad over well this sucks every time. :grin:

5 Likes

Definitely would be cool to have like a conference chat w y’all… that would be so fun! We NEED to figure out a way! OG or not… it would be simple to do…

Like to see og do it though so we have moderator sense of security etc…

3 Likes

I fell asleep early as hell and woke up at 1 am… lol… smoked a bowl with oj while we chatted about rosin presses…

I saw that rosin you made… man it looks perfect!!! Great job! :+1:

4 Likes

But hey its 420 here… time to get myself blazed and tired lol!!! Woohoo!

2 Likes

Good morning JP and OG :coffee::coffee::coffee:

3 Likes

I have a bunch more dried buddage to press, but it’s not gonna happen for a while yet, lol

3 Likes

Yeah im sure bro… i was thinking about getting a press… but i am seriousy intimidated!! I know if oj and bigmike are having a difficult time making it exactly how they want, I’ll surely have an even harder time…

It sounds like a person could waste a bunch of weed learning how… lol @JohnnyPotseed

4 Likes

Even the ‘bad’ runs aren’t a total waste. Rosin is rosin, and will get ya F’d up lol granted, it takes practice with each individual press, to get where ya wanna be. My first runs were dark as crap, but still get ya high as heck. I agree with OJ the wet/fresh buddage isn’t as good (to me) as the dried .
The clearer rosin seems to taste better

7 Likes

So its kinda like cooking… lol

It may be food… and it may be edible… but it might not taste so great haha… and time and practice will make it better over time

What did you find you were doing wrong in the beginning @JohnnyPotseed … too hot temps? Pressing too long? Too much pressure?

2 Likes

Timing and temps, along with the condition of the bud, dried versus wet, etc Like I said, ya gotta play with the press to figure out what works best. Each press is going to be slightly different.

lol all of the above
Had to learn the hard way, by getting blow-outs, etc. I double bag everything now to avoid that!
Got one of them aluminum press/formers to prepack the plug and then double bag it

2 Likes

For sure man… just like lights are different…
No real explaining exactly how…

If i get 1 it’ll be something similar to ojs

1 Like

So it makes like a brick mold 1st then press?

1 Like

A buddy of mine here (@Nagel420 ) showed me his and I got one like it on Ebay, can’t remember how much but it was very reasonable.

exactly. Using it helps keep you from overpacking the bag by itself

1 Like

I do want to get 1 that is pneumatic vs hydraulic… idk if ill be able to afford pneumatic though…

It seems like pneumatic may last longer?

2 Likes

@JoeCrowe has a thread on pressing and that dude has it down to a fine science! I don’t put as much effort into it as he does.

4 Likes