JohnnyPotseed’s Germination Technique

Thats ok I got about 60 RaSol…lol

1 Like

Well, here’s hoping they all germinate with a lot of girls, and give you a LOT of weight!! And don’t forget to collect some pollen to hit a couple and produce more seeds, so as to continue the strain!

4 Likes

Was pointed over here by @Astrodude due to some seed woes, thanks for the unique technic and knowledge @JohnnyPotseed !

1 Like

You’re very welcome cuz

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed

(On a very small scale),
Implemented your technique with my need to complicate the simplest things. Used two togo containers, cut one in half used as bottom reservoir filled w h2o. Cut slits in bottom of upper container to install a wick to auto drench the ewc. May reduce the size of wick to reduce moisture content. Filled 1/2" ewc, isolator beneath res setting on heat pad. 72hr later… into dirt.

Thank you sir.

20211124_182251

12 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Using Aloe Vera in your grows

lol I see this thread just keeps going!
Nuttin but luv cuz, yas know that! I don’t really mind
But, I think it should be closed though, since the subjects are going kind of slanted/off track folks.

@LemonadeJoe could you please close this thread down, since I’ve finished the demonstration and there’s nothing else I wish to add to this small Tutorial?
Please and Thank you, kind sir.
JP

1 Like

No offense folks, but there’s really nothing being said here that can’t be said in chat or other threads. Correct?

1 Like

I’ve deleted off-topic posts.

Everyone, please reply to this topic only if you want to discuss JohnnyPotseed’s Germination technique. Thanks.

5 Likes

…is why I add a layer of worm castings on the top of all my seedling pots now! Thanks @JohnnyPotseed !

6 Likes

You’re very welcome cuz. Glad you like it and it works for you!

3 Likes

Total game-changer! I mist the castings layer when they are like this:

And then turkey baster water or feed through the castings when like this:

So, your wisdom shared means that there’s a steady feed from the very start without the worry of any burning! This has now made it a 100% success rate with germination of any seeds I’ve popped if they were going to pop. :hugs:

Makes me feel like this every darn time:

9 Likes

Nice job , feed the soils and pop goes the weasels, mastercomputer,calman,fl…thanks you all overvrowers…

1 Like

I hoped the title was outdoors ORGANICALLY I make worm castings Tea ,aka compost Tea ,53 bioremediation thanks overgro ,ers…

1 Like

I’ve had a worm/compost bin for decades cuz lol I only buy WC if/when I run low and absolutely must!
But that was when I was commercially growing, now I’m retired and with the volume of WC I produce, there’s no need to buy anymore lol

3 Likes

Just found out about this topic, wow, so great method and great info from all of you!

Anyone tried this method with coco coir? Like putting a layer of wormcastings on top of coco in a solo cup for example…?

why? lol a smal llayer of WC is all that’s needed cuz.
The coco isn’t needed for this method. It would just be wasted

Maybe so it can grow down straight into the cup?

Just guessing tho

You couldput just about any mix under a layer of WC lol but then it wouldn’t be my ‘method’ would it? lol
This is just how I do it, anyone else is welcome to try other methods.

1 Like

Apologies cuz, on reading back over what I said, it looks rather ‘short’. Not my intentions

1 Like