Jones Organic Indoor Journal

Anyone?

4 Likes

Tappy and Grease Monkey had a go playing with trunk splitting I think. I don’t remember seeing a report of how it went though.

1 Like

@Tappy @Grease_Monkey

Mind sharing your experience?

2 Likes

Whoa the electrician shut the power down yesterday to finish the install on my grow shed and I totally forgot to turn the space heater back on up here this is the clone I received its looking bummed out hopefully warm temps bring her back up?

3 Likes

Wasn’t me! I had a bud fall over nearly snapping a stem but that’s it!

3 Likes

Did it for the last week of flower. I think letting the pot go completely dry gives better results that stem splitting. However, I did not have a control plant to compare it to.

3 Likes

Dry to what point? Full droop?

3 Likes

Well thats going to be an issue since I’m running a 300 gallon pot upgrading to a 1200 gallon pot!

2 Likes

Pretty much…almost dead in the pot. Haven’t done it that hardcore for a while. But I never water the last week before chop…sometimes longer.

Whoa…and upgrading to 1200!!! Try some UV lights…I’ve heard that bumps trich production up like a SOB. I’m assuming indoor…but that sounds too large for indoor…lol

3 Likes

That seems so mean haha but ill probably try it

3 Likes

Idk how much you know about lights but I’m running a hlg 650r and the upgrade is going to be basically that times 4 the square footage in a shed ive had electricity wired with a mini split and getting water plumbed and insulation some time in the spring 14’ x 14 (10’ x 10’ raised bed) but they have uv on them you think I should add more flower power uvb bulbs :bulb:

3 Likes

You may want to consider four beds so you can have a walkway. Otherwise you will have to crawl through the bed to get to the middle plants. Unless you have 5’ long gorilla arms. :grin:

6 Likes

You’re absolutely right I’ve thought about this for a very long time and I’m just going to send it I’ll figure it out one way or another mostly just gonna let them do there thing

@ReikoX

2 Likes

I understand, but you’re gonna chop their head off in a week anyhow :rofl:

2 Likes

But I make it quick and painless while saying the last rights. But eh, I’m down for some torture lol

2 Likes

Wow! All I did was move this poor little birthday cake from a t5 to window sill and now the past 13 days it’s just been sitting under the quantum board and wow what a difference I haven’t done anything besides move her here I’m just in awe

9 Likes

Keep doing what your doing man. Looking good.

2 Likes

Just trying to get some clones off these gals I just dont ever know where to clip… just anywhere between two nodes is basically what I got from it but seems idk off? I just feel like I’m not going to do it right

@Badger

3 Likes

Lowers generally work better man. Make sure it is decent size. I’ve had better luck with clones that have 5 or 6 nodes on them. The rooting hormones are strongest right below the node. I always clip them with a scissor, and put them in water quickly. Then I recut, under water with a razor blade, near/under the node. I’ve also started scraping some of the skin off, under water. Also, make sure it isn’t the hard skin, its the softer stuff (no woody stem).

2 Likes

You want a minimum of 3 nodes, I split the end of the stem as well, I find it helps.

4 Likes