Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

I been thinking that long before they started flowering. I thought I would have free time in between. lol. They have to be watered twice a day, maybe now going to once… it;ll be the first when I do it.

And, you have to keep plucking leaves and looking at the plant closely. Today I found one of my GG#4 x Sour Bubble with herm action going on… it’s already halfway through fowering, and they all look fabulous upstairs.(and it’s the frostiest one that is showing)

It’s not like anything I’ve seen. It’s under a few buds, close to the stem, and it looks like a fully formed seed in the jacket. But, inside it is one male flower…??? huh? I found a little teeny male flower laying on top on a bud below. I thought it was a tiny dead bug. Then I started finding them. It seems like theyre growing from inside a calyx or preflower or pre seed… weird. Shit, I’m smoking the bud… now way I’m tossing it, heh… I may never mess with it again, depending… the other pheno is very similar, not as dank looking but close. No sign there.

I’m tired too. Mine have only just started flowering from 2-4 weeks now. I have to keep up with them. And, I have 18 that all just got new pots for the next run indoors. I have to put my killer sativa in an even bigger pot before it goes into the basement and new grow space for the long flower… 72 Colombian Gold X Malawi Gold afropip’s hack.

It freaking never stops and I want a paycheck! dammit! lmao… I love it all at the same time, too. I’ll just stay poor I guess.

6 Likes

Update Flower Day 35

This gal is my favorite so far. I love this structure, with a nice sized central cola and good, chunky pine cone nugs on each of the branches. A good medium sized height too, didn’t have to train her down at all. She is a HEAVY feeder, and is starting to get a little deficient. Only the Durban is feeding as heavily, while the other JS phenos are happy where they’re at. I ramped up the EC 1.8->2.0 today, so hopefully she’ll get back to happy soon.

She’s also one of the more fragrant ladies in the tent. If she smokes the way I like, I think she’s the one.

By contrast, this one has a classic indica structure – probably leaning toward the 88G in shape.

This one is going to have lousy yields, but I love the yellow hairs. It’s not nearly finished, but I think it’s cool that all of the pistils have turned yellow/orange, at only a little more than half way into flower.

Lots more variations in these F2s… but I’m pretty sure my keeper has been found.

14 Likes

Yeah, that’s a nice looking girl up top. Very pretty all around.

2 Likes

hey bro, is this straight Jungle Spice, or is it Deep Chunk X JS#6?
My DC X JS#6 are coming along nicely… Def single cola plant if not manipulated or bending over the cola.
If this is the right spot, Ill drop pics. Got a feeln it may not be the right thread.

3 Likes

I have some really nice plants from @lefthandseeds seeds.
I have plants over 7 foot tall and bushy AF. The only problem is I didnt keep the strains ID with them. So now I dunno what is what,
Black Domina; lowland Afghani… X Dakini Kush.
I have some short plants too. Wondering if its the Lowland? 4 foot tall, dozens of cola spears developing.
Im bummed I didnt keep the ID’s with the plants.
Maybe me and @lefthandseeds can figure out what could be what sometime.

6 Likes

Yea these are pure Jungle Spice F2s. You can see some other people posting the DC x JS and BD x JS in this thread: Jungle Spice Outcross Grow Logs (Black Domina, Deep Chunk)

I’m pretty sure I can help you ID your other plants by the look & smell in flower. I haven’t tried the DC x JS, but I think you’re really going to like the bud from the Black/Low Daks. :grin:

4 Likes

Man, they just have to be terpene’alicious. Great genetics for sure.

2 Likes

I have about an oz in a jar I’m letting it get some cure time…that said it was picked early. The first I tried was very close to a menthol. It too was a bit early. The potency has been good but I have only sampled two phenos. Both of which have had a mint smell at least.

Edit: was DCxJS

5 Likes

My JS 6 is coming down tmw a couple weeks early. Caterpillar damage has caused bud rot. Kinda bummed, but this is how the outdoor cookie crumbles. I’d rather have some of her than none. I’ll post a pic of my harvest

5 Likes

Wonder if you could wrap the plants in insect netting before they start flowering? Might be worth the experiment to find out.

I’ve never used it but after my monster plant last year kept me dancing 2-3 times a day to fight the caterpillars, I’d try it.

3 Likes

The hairs have receded on the jungle spice phenos I got so it won’t be long till they are finished here I’m guessing. I would think less than two weeks for mine. Looping them tonight.

3 Likes

Hi y’all!

Real similar smells but the slower starter has sprouted more white hairs. Cloudy mostly on the tric front. I’m very disappointed wasn’t able to help out with seeds. Hindsight I guess I could have started other js batches. Next year I’ll do better!

8 Likes

Man, that’s a leaf machine! It looks beautiful and healthy for sure.

1 Like

Hey @GMan thanks! My lousy pics don’t do them justice. They are both built like a brick shithouse. The bud is there just hiding.

1 Like

Update Flower Day 42

Well these haven’t exactly been getting the attention they deserve, but they’ll make it. I haven’t been able to watch the runoff and I think they’ve been getting hot in the pots. Ran some excess runoff earlier in the week to help and increased their feed times a bit. Probably about 3 more weeks to go on these ladies.

The top photo is still my favorite gal. Her structure is really what I’m after. The things I like about her is that she has medium density buds, and really well distributed weight. She’s a good height that’s easy to control, and lots of productive bud sites.

The second one is more indica structured with the large dense central cola. Smells great though, and I’m not counting her out either.

The last one is a weirdo… the top of the cola has always been stringy, but the bottom is more typical indica stucture.

There’s 4 more in the tent… one very frosty with orange hairs and super dense buds, but low yielding, and 3 more somewhere in the land between the 1st and 2nd pics. Just tons of variation in sizes, internode lengths, bud structures. Some more sativa leaning some more indica leaning. Each one is totally different.

But if the girl on top produces the JS smoke I’m looking for, growing out the F3s is going to be a treat.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14 Likes

:thumbsup: definitely not a wispy sativa beads-on-a-stick thing. :relieved:

Do they smell different from one another?

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Definitely pretty far from a wispy sativa, but on the spectrum it’s leaning more toward the sativa end than some of the others. Especially in a 50/50 hybrid like this, F2 is just a crazy generation, and really fun for pheno hunting.

To me, I think the smell is more consistent than the structural aspects. I haven’t yet taken a whiff of one and thought it was extremely different from the smells I got from the F1s. Maybe some smell a little more like pine and others a little more like lemon, but none that are really far out from each other.

6 Likes

Update Flower Day 50

Just a quick update here. One of the plants is pretty much read to be cut. There’s an exposed seed on top that is just finishing up turning brown. I think I’ll wait a few more days while it finishes up. Otherwise, we have a few ambers popping in, and mostly cloudy trichs. More pictures of her to follow when I chop.

My favorite plant probably has a few (maybe ~3) weeks left still. At this point, only a few orange hairs on it. It looks like the range I’m getting from the JS#6 F2s are going to be from approx ~53-72 days. Will know more in another week or so.

18 Likes

Wow, they look damn nice, bro!

2 Likes

Js 6 update:
Both finishing closer now the end is on sight. Very unique in general and both have similar smells.
The “earlier” pheno

And number two

Dense bud and I’m digging the smells. Think maybe grapefruit but kinda raw…like citrus rinds. I LIKE!!! They look like leaf explosion but really stacked well. If you got them I’d strongly recommend growing. Initial Smoke report in couple weeks as I’m going let them go bit longer. @Meesh mentioned might be lil lower on the power so shooting for 20% umber. Strong 10% umber atm both really close.

8 Likes