Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

All looking good and healthy.

1 Like

Itā€™s a tough one to place right? Thereā€™s 2 different smells I get, so depending on your pheno could be different. To me, 1 pheno has more of a mint/pine and lemon smell. The other has ā€œthat HG4 smellā€, which is really difficult to pinpointā€¦ maybe a little lemon/pine but more bubblegum? maybe necco wafers? Hard to describe.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if the power of suggestion works but that helps. Thanks for your description! Iā€™ll try to go smell both again first. Theyā€™re at the back of my cage and often smelled last. Definitely two distinct phenos. The fastest keeps rt up with the fastest in my garden.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy! Iā€™ll attest to their vitality and almost inability to be killed Great Genetics @lefthandseeds

4 Likes

So funny, mine had that citrusy smell at first, now itā€™s still pure black pepper. So weird.

4 Likes

Hi @lefthandseeds. whatā€™s the HG4 again? too tired and baked to bring it to the forefront of the brain.

These guys all have me hungry to grow these gems! Man, I wish I had an unlimited electricity bill waiver for life, but, instead, Iā€™ll dream in between grows. peace

2 Likes

I think black pepper usually indicates beta caryophyllene. Iā€™ve smelled black pepper in some strains before, but havenā€™t smelled it in jungle spice. The buds on mine are still pretty young though.

One thing though is if youā€™re growing outdoors, a couple hot days during flower might change things too. Not all of the terpenes have the same boiling temperature, so some might evaporate faster in hot sun.

5 Likes

Itā€™s an unnamed jungle spice cross I made a year or two ago. (Bodhi Acapulco gold x tenderheart) x jungle spice. Me, @8k_feet and another one of my friends have been digging it quite a bit. It has very sativa expressions, euphoric high and a funky distinctive smellā€¦ apparently all from the jungle spice side.

5 Likes

Mine is coming along really nicely. Her buds are dense and like one solid bud coming from the entire branch. Like 2 foot spears. Iā€™ll have to get another pic soon. Sheā€™s dank af. Definitely an exciting plant.

5 Likes

This was my thought too that Meesh is getting full sun with good soil that has been properly amended. Definitely should expect an altered terpene profile from the rest of us indoors.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking for the black pepper smell!! Love that in flowerā€¦

Has me even more intrigued to run this @lefthandseedsā€¦ once I get through this round they are next!!

4 Likes

I have a Northern Lights strain that all I get is pepper smell out of it.
Still waiting for my JS seeds to arrive.

6 Likes

So far, I think Iā€™m the only one reporting the black pepper outdoorsā€¦

4 Likes

Bootifull girlsā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks manā€¦just beat them up for while and put them in dirt. Lots of @ReikoX ā€˜s LIFTA. Cool genetics looking forward to a finish.

4 Likes

All good - I know it is potentially a different terpene expression from the outdoor grow, but Iā€™m always intrigued to hear that the black pepper smell is in there.

Iā€™ll be watching to see how this finishes up!

3 Likes

Read up to date. Seems like every thread I read Iā€™m like ā€œOoo, I want to grow that!ā€

Donā€™t know how I missed this. Teamwork! Looks like fun. Iā€™ll be watching.

4 Likes

Update Flower Day 29

Males are dunzooooo. Male JS#4 was a very productive male, also resinous. Very happy with itā€¦ itā€™s going to be my pick for this run.

Several phenos in the femalesā€¦ the pollinated branches are definitely prego. Early last week, I forgot to attach the feed line on one and it got some magnesium deficiency. Seems to be recovering fine though.

A few have large internodesā€¦ probably leaning toward the Congolese. I have a few shorter ones that are very resinous. All 7 fems are going to be grown out, and Iā€™ll pick from the best. Hoping the shorter ones smoke as well as the taller ones. I like the structure on those much better.

16 Likes

My Jungle Spice has mutated smells again and now still smells strongly and succinctly of black pepper, and a strong grapefruit. Usually, I have a bit of a hard time placing smells, except this plant, her odors are very distinctive. I am chomping at the bit to try her. Been tempted to get a premature sample, but she has no small branches I can trim off, just giant spears of really fat pringle can size buds.

11 Likes

ā€¦heh, heh, hehā€¦:sunglasses:

5 Likes