Jungle Spice Outcross Grow Logs (Black Domina, Deep Chunk)

Wow that’s cool! I’ve noticed that the jungle spice tends to dominate the terps when it’s used as a male. I can’t wait to hear how it turns out in the end.

7 Likes

Yeah, even tho it’s my first venture with any one of the strains… I can tell by the almost 3× the stretch in flowering that these p henos are def is dom. Ok get some shots a little later, not much dif than last shots tho.just terps getting stronger

4 Likes

Couple shots of the bd2×js…

that’s girl number 1…here is girl 2

12 Likes

Brother those look absolutely amazing! I’m loving the pictures! I’m quite a bit behind you!
I can’t believe these are popping up after all the mold and the way I was freaking out over them,applied heavy dose of LITFA! Three days in a row, heavy heavy dose!
And YEAH! They can’t be stopped!

7 Likes

Those are looking great dude. I’m really excited to hear how this turns out. Two of my top favorite strains in action here!

5 Likes

I try and do em justice…let me know when your ready for my safe adress…lol🤣

1 Like

PM it to me. I’ll get your testers in the mail tomorrow when I’m off work

1 Like

Any recommendations on tds meters? I had one years ago. Never used EC before but I understand the thing. Anyway I need one. I can choose from several from 11 to 20 bucks on amazon or 45 local (bleh.) Reliable brands?

2 Likes

I like the one from apera instruments (ec20). I think it’s a pretty good value for a reliable tester.

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Conductivity-Accuracy-Complete/dp/B01ENFOIPK/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=apera+ec&qid=1562356542&s=gateway&sr=8-5

4 Likes

Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice
Pheno 1 is still in veg,

/#2 is about 2 weeks into flower and stacking nicely at the nodes .

I gave some dry nutes since this is only a one gallon container and watered them in. Also a bit of Epson salts and organic lime.

I have some Megacrop in route.

7 Likes

I am expecting heavy frost…in August.

19 Likes

Nothing like an early frost :joy:

4 Likes

Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice update
About 28 days into flower iirc for this one it is #2

Apex clone from #1 is getting close to sticking it in the cabinet to flower (middle plant w/ no rice hulls )

Some cuttings that need up potting and veg all DCxJS

About 3 weeks ago I went to pull a shriveled leaf from the apex clone of #2 and accidentally pulled it from the soil. It is far behind the other and both were taken the same day. :frowning:

12 Likes

Sup everyone, here’s a shot of bd2×js…#1. I took it early for a few reasons…mainly it’s the lesser of the two.and I ran out of smoke😈. But also needed some room.

the buzz was pretty up, headedy,energetic…(that day I rocked at work) it was a bit on the leafy side, with a very neutral almost no present js smell, and less resin production than her sis. Tested her sis when trimmed the lower smaller nugs…and…i can’t wait for her .:skull_and_crossbones:

15 Likes

Big bold Congolese hash plant fusion. Thick buds with a long lasting balanced effect. Hashy incense pine cone terps. Best of both worlds with this vintage crusty indica meets sticky landrace mind jewel. Unique and special line… 9-10 weeks.

via https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Jungle_Spice/Bodhi_Seeds/

Leafly says…
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/jungle-spice?q=Jungle%20spice&cat=strain

Celebrating a landrace strain from the Congo, Jungle Spice crosses Congo Pine and 88’ G13 Hashplant. This indica produces massive buds with dominant hashish aroma followed by a strong pine flavors. Jungle Spice provides a great high that won’t completely lock you in the couch.

So I guess what Deep Chunk does is insert Tom Hill’s couch. :astonished:

Edit note: the above statement is unsubstantiated conjecture… we don’t even know if Mr Hill has a domicile let alone a couch!

8 Likes

So this(^) is a js x dc in the middle of the woods. Planted it probably 4 weeks ago. Came to check this last time and something had bent it all the way over… But it had lifted itself off the ground about two inches and was not even touched by the bugs or slugs. I’m impressed with this plant to say the least :heart_eyes: I’m hoping its a female and that it’ll make it through to flower. Even if its a male I’m deff getting some pollen cuz resistance is stronger than the other two at the same spot. The other two are doing well also. Didn’t get knocked over but have had some pest pressure. Still chugging along tho. Outta three there’s 1@3ft 1@about 2.5ft and the “runt” right about 2ft. The size of the fans are bigger than my head on the big ones :sunglasses: now if the damn wild turkeys would stay the fuck away i could grow these out in peace haha

3 (“runt”)

Thank you @lefthandseeds i hope this is useful info. I don’t have a great camera so pic quality could be better…

11 Likes

I went back and counted days because it seemed to be further along than I expected. Best I can tell the first flowers appeared 35 days ago on this plant.

The next two pics are with different lighting so I can try to show these trichs…the small fan leaves and sugar leaves will have frost on both sides it looks like

On the stem rub this one reminds me a bit of Doublemint gum. The smell of the gum and not the flavor. Don’t know the flavor but can’t wait to see.

12 Likes

I’ve gotten bubblegum smells from JS outcrosses before. It was on a cross with Acapulco gold/tenderheart… so completely different than this one. Interesting! :+1:

7 Likes

I had my wife confirm that she could smell it and waited several weeks to see if it was transient. It has definite hints of mint but it’s a sweet smell too.

5 Likes

Beautiful! Beautiful ! Beautiful ! Looking forward to hearing how she tastes ! Very nice job brother !
I am also wondering @lefthandseeds any recommendations for a heavy Rosen producer ? Planning on a press as soon as I can get the money yeah!
Peace and love all yeah!
Overgrow!

7 Likes