Just looking for some guidance, want to give the outdoor thing a shot

Haha. That should not be a problem. On the other hand, any pollen that can travel that far would be of great interest.

Yeah that’s what I took from it as well, maybe look at some of the “fast” outdoor strains? Something with some raw landrace and or ruderalis in in? I think the ideal is probably something that starts flowering at only 9-10 hours of darkness.

Freakshows pretty fast from what I gather 8ish week strain September outdoor harvest (assuming that’s for Northern California given the breeder)

Frankenstein x PPP is @JohnnyPotseed’s work if I’m not mistaken maybe he can pop in here and give a rough estimate on harvest time

1 Like

What’s the question?Frankenstein is an 8-9 week plant so I’d just count back from whenever you need to harvest by and that’s your ‘due date’

1 Like

You just answered it, thanks man. I look forward to growing these. How big they get is probably something I should ask too😅

outdoors with out topping, she will go 8’-12’

3 Likes

I was thinking maybe the ruderal strain from the Kunar Valley they have on Kwikseeds The climate there is similar to the climate here. I’m thinking pick the most high-THC phenos for pollination and get the ball rolling with some F1 or F2.

How large does Freakshow get? That’s one I plan to grow, irrespective of whether or not the laws change.
By the way, Freakshow looks remarkably similar to a number of different species in the Artemisia genus. Grow it among different species of artemisia (you can get seed packs of those) and tell everyone that’s what it is. Artemisia is also aromatic, just in case you need to explain it further.

2 Likes

if you or growing outdoors put them in mother earth. no need for pots .

1 Like

Buy some BT for budworms. Plant in the ground if possible. You can be improving your planting your hole now. Bud Rot is another shitty deal, it pays to know the plant you are putting out there. Example, I put GG 4 out there one year and it was a budrot magnet…really dense buds and high humidity can screw you good.

Phase one, for me, starts in another week (abvout 2 months before setting in the ground) by adding compost and some top quality mix of worm castings, Ocean, Forest mix (by Fox Farms. Any quality mix will do) some liquid bone juice, a little silica and a little fish nitrogen on bare soil. Be sure to mix it in a few inches. I want to give the stuff time to meld with the soil, worms and things. I also put some “Sluggo” down early. Learned early is best after slugs and snails ate half my starts last year.

Phase 2 -putting seeds in wet paper towels, put in the oven (N O! Not turned on. HA! Just the pilot light keeps em warm) for 24 to 48 hours. Soon as they crack and the tail (root) wiggle out, I had been putting them in a rough but good planting mix (Happy Frog) under T5 fluorescents with a warm seed starter pad under. This year I’m going with a seed starter mix.

With 3rd set of true leaves, I move them into my little green house in a one quart container. I don’t want them root bound. When they tell me they’re ready (the stem can stand a little wind) I put them in the garden. The whole process from to seed to garden about 4 to 6 weeks depending weather and seeds.

P.S. Check out “No Till Gardening” - Start Out No Dig, one method with cardboard and compost - YouTube

1 Like