Just some pics

One of my favorite places to fish in OK has been fly fishing the outflow river from the dam at Lake Tenkiller…

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishing/wheretofish/northeast/lower-illinois-river-pfha

They stock it pretty good with trout. You don’t catch any big trout there because they don’t naturally reproduce due to the summer water temps, but it’s fun. Check with the wildlife department for when restocks are done and the population is good and active.

The water is cold in the outflow. Wear warm waders.

Also, catching Stripers at Texoma. You can get a lot of good size Stripers.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, trout are fun!

1 Like

Trout fishing in The Medicine Park area down around Mount Scott is great. Me and my brother go there often.

2 Likes

I have gone striper fishing at Texoma all I got was skunked…….

1 Like

If you have never been striper fishing in Texoma or Eufala. you really need a guide the first time. They know where the fish are. You won’t sit around all day waiting to get lucky.

1 Like

I’ve been there once with a guide. There were 3 of us on the boat plus the guide. He knew where to go for sure. Using live bait, it was difficult to get the bait to sink fast enough to get bigger fish at lower depths. They were hitting within seconds of casting. It was pulling a fish up like every 30sec to 1min. It was crazy!

1 Like

The guide had a modified trolling motor with a flapper thing on it that sloshed the surface water around. He said it made the fish go into a feeding frenzy. Whenwe set up in a spot, he would turn that thing on and throw a few handfulls of bait fish into the water. The water looked like it was boiling with all the fish in a feeding frenzy at the surface.

1 Like

Sounds like chumming, which is what we do in salwater fishing but not live bait, cut up bait.

2 Likes

I’ve never fished saltwater before.

You are missing out than. It can be intense with fish on as soon as you get to depth. The fish are usually larger than freshwater and can fight a lot better. I have watched many get seasick though.

3 Likes

When I lived near the coast I used to see the guys fishing off the peirs pull up all kinds of weird looking creatures.

1 Like

I have caught bluefish,flounder,striper, tuna, blowfish, sea robin, eels and many shark both small and large and I am betting many I don’t remember anymore.

3 Likes

I enjoy surf fishing quite a bit. All along the gulf coast.

2 Likes

I’ve only been out on the Gulf water once. Got turned back when the wind got too rough and folks started tossing their cookies. Granted, it was rough but I didn’t even get a line wet!
Dang wimps anyway! Grow a pair! There were plenty of life jackets on board!

1 Like

@BigMike55 , can I at least keep these ones.

17 Likes

Damn nice fish! Our local lake has stripers and hybrids, the stiper record for the lake just became 40lbs. Me……never caught one over 10 lbs :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Dang! How much did that weigh?

5 Likes

Hey @Tracker , it was 54#

4 Likes

Dang! Yikes!

1 Like

Whoa nice fish @Hashpants ! My grandfather and I used to go shad fishing on the Delaware river 5 mins from our house.
Then in july, used to go up to Ontario, Canada (Upper Beverly Lake) for 2 weeks for Northern Pike n Largemouth bass. Sometimes to upstate NY for salmon. We have a small river that runs through the bottom of our property, and a few houses down there used to be a dam there that was amazing for trout fishing. We used to catch em left n right and see trout jumping up the falls trying to get to the top of the dam. Sadly about 9years or so ago they took out that dam and it completely ruined the fishing in the area.

Took my son there fishing for the first time when he was 4 or 5 (since it was within walking distance) I ended up getting a trout on the line but never told him, just handed him the rod. He started reeling and was like “Daddy! We got fishies!” I told him it was a rainbow trout and he started laughing saying we were catching rainbows from the sky.

1 Like