Kashmir POK Expansion 2024

Im glad they are doing better. :grin:

1 Like

Night and day.

2 Likes

Kashmir plants still cruising along.

Planning on flipping them in maybe about 3 weeks (I have some other plants about 3 weeks into flower, I want them to be almost done by time the Kashmir boys start throwing pollen)

24 Likes

POK plants doing well.
Gonna leave them in veg one more week and then flip. Fingers crossed. Hoping for an even split 2F/2M to start this seed run

20 Likes

@firehead These are done? Any flowering plant pictures for us?
I think I mis read a different thread? I see now the males are getting ready to throw pollen , is that right?

2 Likes

@Upstate Oh no. Not done. These are the only 4 plants that germinated from the original seeds from Bare. They go stalled out in early veg due to them… not liking the octopot environment? (roots never reached the res)
So they are waaay behind schedule.

But next week they get flipped. So by early summer seeds will be available. Which is maybe too late for outdoor season for a lot of folks this year… :cry:

13 Likes

They are looking super lush! Banger :fire::fire::fire:

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

I’m fascinated by the difference in the roots, maybe when they’re all finished will you excavate and show what they did?

The thought in my head is that an autoflower which had a distributed fibrous root system would be much less traumatized by transplanting. I’d work on that breeding project :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

These are looking really nice so far @firehead :raised_hands:
Nice even looking plants too :muscle:
Very excited to see what you get

4 Likes

Don’t be hard yourself firehead, there’s no guarantee’s in this game. You’re putting in the work and it seems like you made the right move! Here’s to hoping for a couple POK girls in the front w a couple boys in the back there🤞

3 Likes

I don’t think seeds will be late for this year, but rather very very early for next year :grin:Thanks for the fine effort! Are these seeds straight from Kashmir or have they been grown a generation or two here stateside or in Canada?

11 Likes

Today, the 4 POK Kashmir plants were moved from 1 gallon pots, to 2 gallon ones. In prep for flowering next week.

10 Likes

Plants are moving along nicely!

However the Potassium releasing from the coco seems to be throwing off your nutrients ratios. Water holding capacity of coco is right around 65%…with letting them dry back so much is potentially allowing EC to climb in the medium, lowered water holding capacity, and causing soil pH to drop.

Have you done any run-off tests to verify?

But having said all that…plants still are looking great! Keep up the good work @firehead

Alaskagrown

6 Likes

Two of the POK plants have small pistils sprouting! And another one looks like it has one small male pollen sac developing.
So pre-flower indicators look like we have 2F and 1M so far. A good sign!

I switched the timer to 12/12 today :+1::pray::crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

Excitement picking up, glad to see these taking off

4 Likes

Ug. I’ve got a correction… and not a great one.

I’ve got 3 males and 1 female.
So. I guess at this point, to maximize genetic diversity, the one female will get pollen from the 3 males.
She is just not a giant or amazing plant, so the total number of seeds from this run will not be as big as I hoped

Does this approach seem best? Or should I instead remove the one earliest male, and leave the other two to provide pollen? Asking advice from more experienced growers/breeders like @Upstate and @lefthandseeds

8 Likes

maybe make a clone or two of the female before flowering everyone out?

3 Likes

I’ve got 2 clones of each plant. The males all rooted already, but the female is failing. Just not rooting yet.
I may need to try a re-veg on her afterwards

4 Likes

Hehe, @ChongoBongo I was just about to suggest the same thing.

Edit: I mean, it doesn’t matter if you have males or females, looking from a genetical pov. But it’s the problem with nr seeds you have to be creative with.

Switching to 24/0 now is doable to this point.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

That’s a thought too! Maybe trim the males back to keep their size under control, but switch back to veg lighting to let the female get much bigger…

5 Likes