Kashmir POK Expansion 2024

POK (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir) is how I’ll refer to this strain, formerly referred to as Azad Kashmir

Doing another expansion run, with a new batch of clean seeds from one of the original sources.

This variety has some unique traits that make it very desirable to growers looking for something a bit different.

Plusses:

• A very rugged plant! Good cold tolerance. Some drought resistance.
  • Wild looking. As in, feral! Aggressive toothing on dark green, leathery leaves.
  • Odd terpenes. Burnt rubber, eucalyptus, funky stank
  • Very smooth smoke
  • Complex and potent high that feels more like a sativa

Downsides.

• 11-12 weeks to flower
  • Some are very leafy and trimming is a chore
  • Herming. Yeah, It’s a wild domesticate/landrace, so this will always be a possibility

Only seven seeds were sent to me. As long as I get 100% germ rate, this should still be an ok population.
If anyone else has a pack of originals from barefrog and wants to donate to expand to gene pool, send me a PM

I will only cull plants from this small batch if they show SERIOUS genetic problems.

And into the pool they go!!

84 Likes

Alerting a couple members to this new thread:
@Upstate
@lefthandseeds
@Vesti

16 Likes

Thanks for preserving another interesting and undoubtedly an important line @firehead
I’ll be following along!

8 Likes

Pulling up a chair, these will be amazing, good luck and happy growing!! @firehead

:v:

4 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

Awesome - thanks for the tag!

Do you what generation they are?

3 Likes

Are these the seeds that may be viral?
I had only a wierd yellow/ green leaf or two, and nothing else strange when i grew them, but there is reason to he fearful.

9 Likes

Awesome stuff pulling up the bean bag and bong :v: Going to be a fun adventure

4 Likes

@Vesti he didn’t tell me which gen these seeds are from so I’m not sure. Maybe @Barefrog can shed some light.

5 Likes

It says on the linked post: Palestine Occupied Kashmir

I’ll be on a rug over here in the corner, with my hoohak

4 Likes

Sitting in the corner watching! Very cool line to increase

3 Likes

All best wishes with your endeavor!!

I will take a chair-

2 Likes

@firehead Oh yeah! Right person for the right job! I love the initiative for you to bring back the honor this gem on OG and move away from the scandal surrounding it.

I going to watch this one with joy.

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

I can agree with this wholeheartedly, I appreciate @firehead winding it back to @Barefrog ’s accession and starting clean, it’s a very solid move for the community so we can leave behind this other seedrun

Thanks man I appreciate that

10 Likes

We have signs of life! A few are sprouting. Fingers crossed for 100% in another day or so.
I think the beans are a bit cold, so I turned the temp up to 74 on my seedling heat mat… hope this wakes up the rest

24 Likes

Great way to end the year - with seeds a poppin’. I can’t wait to watch these gals grow. :green_heart:

4 Likes

So far, 4 of the POK sprouted in the paper towel, and so were moved into solo cups/soil.
A 5th seed was split open, and looked like it was about to throw a tail, so I put that one is soil also.
Just waiting on the final 2… fingers crossed for 100% germination

13 Likes

You got this OG! The coop run I just finished only had five plants make it out of 20+ seeds but they were great and made thousands of seeds, sounds like you’re already getting through the eye of the needle here

13 Likes

Very happy to see this. Hoping to fold this line into an outdoor poly-sativa breeding project, so really appreciate you increasing it!

3 Likes

Well, looks like we only have 4 survivors. :cry:

One seedling died. And the last 2 seeds are not looking like they’re going to germinate. I haven’t tossed them yet, but I’m not hopeful at this point.

If I get 2M/2F it will still be alright.

But, in terms of a large-ish diverse pool, things are not ideal.
Oh well. Sometimes, we get what we get, and you just can’t get upset.

23 Likes