KingGhidora's 2x4x5ft tent grow/5x solstrips (now 8x). From scratch!

Yah… that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

When funds allow you could always make a ladder type frame and fit the sheet in the middle. A

4 Likes

@KingGhidora this is what I recommend.

I love my ladder array. the coverage is amazing.

And i’d recommend the following gear.

Killawatt power meter, or Alternatively a Sonoff POW for wifi power monitoring (Thanks @anon58740919)
HLG-320H-24a (This is so you can adjust your wattage)
5x SolStix (strip + heatsink combo)
5x SolSink (heatsink) for your other 5 strips
1/8" thick aluminum angle
Some M3x.5 screws (I got thousands, just lemme know when you need em)

And build a 10 strip ladder.

-Jelly-

Just noticed your at 3 pips now. One more to go!

4 Likes

That’s not a bad idea actually… hybrid SolSheet x SolLadder. You may be on to something here… :thinking:

3 Likes

Holy fuck, they make those? Added to wish list…

6 Likes

Update 3/26/18 11:21PM

So after soaking for approx. 24 hours all 4 seeds had rehydrated enough to sink to the bottom of the cup. None had popped yet, so I decided to go ahead and plant them directly into the RGT in solo cups.

I made drain holes in each cup and watered to a little under half the cups volume. Enough that a little run off was generated from 2 of the cups. I placed the dome loosely over top. Oh, and since I currently do not have a spray bottle, I folded several paper towels and wet them with hot water and placed inside the dome to raise the humidity a bit. Fingers crossed

A few stats:

• Light is at 24" distance.

• Tap water was measured today with new TDS/EC meter at about 140ppm/approx. 7.0 pH (i’m using oldskool ph kit)

How close is that to the ideal?

And of course, a few pics:

4 Likes

Pretty good mate, just the waiting game now.

The lights wont help any until the cotyledons are up unless you are just using them for warmth.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @ReikoX :sunglasses: I think I might crack a couple of your autos whilst I’m hunting for an ssdd bird still mate

2 Likes

Good idea, you can grow out the autos while the SSDD are still in their vegetative phase.

1 Like

Looking good @KingGhidora! I’m gonna scratch out a warm place to settle in and watch. Welcome. :cowboy_hat_face:

@Pedro_Bann Yeah, they are just there for warmth mainly right now. They still haven’t popped yet. tapping foot

Hi man. Good luck with your grow :slight_smile:

About the problem… Yeah I dealed with the same thing in my tent :smiley: and finaly after few days of overthinking every possible angle I realised that the Light is Just 2 inches bigger then the tent! And I was like: why the heck Dont I stretch the Walls from the tent? So the thing you should do is to buy second solsheets X and put two next to each other and problem solved :slight_smile: easiest think you can do! :slight_smile:

Good luck!!

Btw. I really 100% dont recomended to remove strips from the baking sheet which are already attached with the tape. I had to do it and it was f*cking Hell! :smiley: They fortunetly didnt brake but man…I almost died in the proces :smiley:

2 Likes

Your water in soil should be around 6,5 I think :slight_smile:

But watch out for the humidity dome! I suffocated seeds like this :-/ you should wait until your plants will Come out and then put the lid on to raise humidity :slight_smile: soil needs to breath now

2 Likes

I do have a small gap at the bottom to allow for some air exchange.

@Fisch:

Yah that thought did cross my mind. My tent is stretched pretty tight over the frame but i think it could give. I also considered just letting one of the sheets overlap the other a few inches… I’m not sure if that would block any light or not as the strips aren’t mounted right at the edge.

What was your methodology for removing the strips from a sheet?

Sorry but for coco The effective ph range is 5.5-6.2 with the optimum goal being 5.8.

At 6.5 your gonna lock up all the needed nutrients!

2 Likes

Got it. I totally plan on adjusting pH when I am feeding. I was just taking note of my local water measurements out of the tap.

Just a thought in adding more strips. If your space is 4’long, why not just cut an inch of both sides of the sheet then clone it. Might be slightly more expensive but easier to accomplish.

1 Like

Yeah if you aren’t feeding anything I can see 6.5 being slightly ok. It will slightly raise the ph of the medium but that will correct itself on the first feeding.

1 Like

I considered this as well… Not sure I have the appropriate tools to cut the sheet pan though. It’s 16 gauge aluminum.