Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

both cannabiogen and tropical seeds received the durban from the forero of icmag African Herbman, looking at photos of the durban poision from afropisp, your durban is a thousand times more sativa than theirs hehehe

7 Likes

durban de afropips.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6986956&posted=1#post6986956

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a dried bud from my Durban from CBGā€¦ pretty far from ā€œdenseā€. :man_shrugging:

Kind of a head scratcher for me.

Good info, thanks @Yaxu! So CBG is the same one that Tropical seeds is selling as ā€œ70s Durban Poisonā€?

14 Likes

I agree, not sativa looking at all. I have 3 of @lefthandseeds Durban and one is more sativa than the other two.

Hey, I hope things work out on that Molokai Frost. Iā€™d love to follow that and trade for seeds if you make any. Where would you post about it? Here? peace

5 Likes

yes man, they come from the same source

5 Likes

Surely, some image will publish in this thread.

6 Likes

Hell yeah Iā€™d get some beans from you from yr floppy Durban! That would be great!
Hybrid contamination happens all the time these days, and unless careful measures are taken, you can allow those genetics to dominate in your sativas, and then what do you have? Keep that in mind everybody, when youā€™re growing your 16 weeks sativa, and have a beautiful 12-weeker pop-up that has tighter Buds and it just looks killer. It doesnā€™t belong there. Get rid of it or keep it separate. Itā€™s possible thatā€™s what happened with Cannabiogen, and I wonā€™t rule that out. But its irresponsible and misleading to call it a landrace if you select towards Indica traits with sativas these days. For me, itā€™s been an expensive education, and Iā€™m blue collar. Cannabiogens catalog should have listed the flowering time at 8 to 10 weeks. Not 10-14. You are more optimistic than me if thatā€™s what you think happened. Itā€™s a seedy business lolā€¦ If I donā€™t find anything going at least 12 weeks out of 50 seeds, and there really should be some 14 workers in there, my suspicions will be confirmed in my mind. So far every plant looked identical. 4 females, 2 malesā€¦ As if there was a one-to-one cross, and then a bunch of back crosses. Best explains the mutations and the poor germination rate as well. I can tell you I will do all my breeding with the longest flowering, most sativa looking plants I get from a bag of seed, just to be safe. If youā€™re looking to preserve landraceā€™s, these days itā€™s a must.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice Durban Bud right there! Thatā€™s what I was hoping for!

7 Likes

If you need the frost just let me know brother. Iā€™ll send you some

8 Likes

Hey everybody. Steve dando on Instagram is open for business again. That is, the mail in Cambodia is now working. He does have lambsbread. I donā€™t know any details. Also a Thai stick has popped up. If you guys are interested hop on it. Chenā€™s dream is another great one. A 20-week Cambodian sativa that can yield over 10 Lbs in a big hole.

14 Likes

Man Iā€™d like to see his Lambsbreath, still searching for that Jamaican landrace. Have 3 of the hand collectedEast/west mountain strains from @swecan just flowering. We are assuming since they are 2013 they are poly hybrid of unknown origin, seeds are different from each hill (mountain). One being huge like small coconuts.

10 Likes

I had the CAMB Red when I was in Thailand a few years ago - it was good from what i recall.

10 Likes

Is your Choc Thai from Darwoh or landrace?? Can I PM you?

4 Likes

i just was asking to find outā€¦standby

4 Likes

so the Choc Thai is just what ppl call it - so no pedi

9 Likes

Iā€™m in for 20 if he delivers USā€¦

2 Likes

There is a picture up on Instagram of the Lambs bread. Hybrid or not, I bet the Jamaicans you have will be very nice smoke. Probably some good mold resistance I would imagine as well.

5 Likes

Hey guys. I put in my order for Cambodian Red, Thai stick, and the chocolate Thai. If anyone wants to reproduce one of these let me know. of course I donā€™t have the seeds yet, but he promised me he would save me those three landraceā€™s in a message today. 70% germination on the Cambodian red, which is why they are five bucks a piece. Psā€¦ he does deliver to the US, because he knows I live in New York

14 Likes

heā€™s got a LB in early flower to finish [ i had some in BKK back in 2012 :fire:

14 Likes

count me in :100:

4 Likes