Leaf edges turning down some are starting to cup

The more I think about It could the curling of the edge and cupping have to do w temp fluctuations because the ones in the veg room are not doing this one bit and is a more constant temp around 70 75. Could it be that these fluctuations in temp and getting misted once or twice daily (going from 20% to 100% humidity) is affecting the transpiration and causing them to curl and cup?

1 Like

Indeed. pH at root zone is a constant push/pull from several factors, but you’ll have an easier time with harder water. Extremely hard water has it’s own problems, but somewhat hard is better than too soft, in my experience. Less prone to swings. Like I was saying, my water is 350+ ppm if I pH to 6, it stays at 6.

Organics does complicate things a bit, but most fertilizers will lower water pH, especially phosphorous. As the plant absorbs those elements, pH rises. You have extremely soft water and hungry plants, this explains the pH rise.

Your temperatures and humidity are fine. I don’t think that’s the issue. I doubt your misting is the problem either.

Promix is fine, nothing wrong with coco either. Functionally they aren’t much different. It’s easier to fix problems in coco than it is topsoil, since it’s mostly inert. If I was in your shoes, I’d do just Promix cut with 1/3rd perlite, drop the castings, and switch to an easy hydroponic nutrient. Take the guesswork out of things. More time looking at plants, less time chasing problems.

2 Likes

Id switch to tap water and give them an epsom salt foliar

2 Likes

Switched to tap water last night and applied 6.0 adjusted nutes ( 300 ppm to big ones 200 ppm to younger).how much Epsom in 1 gal of water would u reccomend for foliar?

Like 1/4 teaspoon . :green_heart:

1 Like

That cupping I see a lot when the humidity is low and the heat high like here now in winter, we have low humidity but my temps are around 80F as my extraction fan died 2 months ago, and I cant keep the heat down when ambient temps jump over night with the small fan I am using now temporarily.

4 Likes

You can bump up that feed quite a bit, I’d do double that.

Epsom foliar I do 1 tsp/gallon.

1 Like

Go with this Bro, I’m a crazy light feeder in general

1 Like

Yeah, it just got real dry and cold here and one or two of my plants started doing it. That’s my guess too.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ok so I’m goin with mg def on bigger ones and just plain underwater on little ones. The humidity was way to low to push them like I was. Everything is lookin great!

1 Like

What book is this. please?

1 Like

If you want to stay with Earth Juice…check out some old school post from three little birds…they got into a lot of extra bull crap online…but they could run earth juice products better than most…

1 Like

Get ur rh up to atleast 50 percent

1 Like

I ran 3 little birds duckfoot strain back in the day. Those were the good old days when experienced growers lurked and contributed daily with minimum trolling

1 Like

I never chased c-bay strains that much…their gear was good enough tho…

1 Like

Thanks grape ape! I intend to stay on the organic side. I have Epsom salt and super thrive that I use. otherwise rest are all organic nutes.

1 Like

update: everything is looking great had a little cupping here n there but overall everything looks nearly perfect upping my mag definitely helped wen back to tap and am just using epsom salts not calmag as I’m guessing that 100 ppm in my water has some ca in it… running out of room going to flip in day or 2

2 Likes