Leaf turning upside down? Weird leaf growth

The new growth on the axial branching is showing some weird growth. They were pretty far from the lights and off to the sides and as a result they stretched a lot in a short period of time so i figured that weird growth may be from a lack of light?

Since moving the light closer and over the plants I’ve noticed a few fan leaves turning completely over. My guess is too much light too quick?

315w CMH about 20" from tops.

The leaves with the weird growth some fingers are smaller than others. It went from putting of 7 and 9 finger leaves to 3 finger leaves. Some fingers look to be growing off other fingers. Just strange.

2 Likes

Could just be a mutation… pics?

Sometimes my leaves flip when I have a fan blowing directly at them

I did have a fan on them and it was causing some wind burn so I shut it off. But no leaves we’re turned at this point.

I’m not home but will take some pictures when I get home.

I was gone for 4 days and when I came back they had went from 10" to 24" due to the distance from lights causing the stretch.

These are clones and their donors didn’t do this.

2 Likes

I had a 501 clone revert back to basil leafs, then when flowered new growth went back to normal.

2 Likes

This is what I’m talking about. Something definitely is not right.

2 Likes

Yep… I see alot of weird reveg leaves cuz they’re clones… Sometimes they come out of it sometimes they dont, but overall a healthy plant

2 Likes

Traditionally when I seen revegging clones the spaces between the veins get all elongated and more spaced out.

I did take the clones a week into 12/12 but it was like 5 weeks ago I cut them. Figured they would of done their reveg sooner.

They look crappy to me. Mg def looks like. I think I need to take a grow break. Nothing but issues and trouble these past few months. Discouraging

2 Likes

Nah… no break… just less dicking with thr plants… i Work from home so I’m constantly around them and watching and trying to find something wrong and typically I will… but LITFA works wonders and though it is discouraging, it’s only temporary

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I keep racking my brain trying to figure out what is going wrong. They looked healthy and happy.

Feed has been dropping. From 1.4EC to 1.2EC in 48 hours so maybe they are just hungry and revegging like you said.

1 Like

what light cycle are they on?

You said you took them a week into 12/12 that’s not a big deal you can take cuttings all the way through flower and root them as I have.

How long ago did you take the cuttings?

I have flowered plants that look the same its not a big issue honestly.

LT

1 Like

I took them 5-6 weeks ago. They took about 10 days to root. I transplanted them after another week and a half from the cloner to a multi site dwc where they stretched a lot due to being far from the light source.

the 3 leaf deal may be due to you not having the light close enough I would thin them out so the light can reach inside the plants more too especially if they are stretching for the light.

1 Like

how big are your lamps? They appear to be about 2.5 feet above your dwc.

1k watt hps 20 inches over them any less get them closer put the back of your hand at the top of the plants and see if you feel heat. A little heat is good if it cold or hot adjust accordingly.

Do you have an oscillating fan on them? If not get one. I would recommend enclosing them rather than having them sitting in the middle of your room to get more light intensity due to the reflectivity of walls.

1 Like

They are 315w CMH and about 20" from the tops.

Before though they were about 42" and off to the sides. This is what caused the stretch I know this.

I’m just not sure what is causing the retarded growth

The plants aren’t even that big yet just get air flow moving and keep the lights close. They need to be closer than 20 with 315w cmh or not.

get them in the corner of that room and put up some white poly or sheetrock you are losing WAY too much light with them in the center of the basement. Light intensity and proper airflow will grow healthy plants. Its an environmental factor IMHO.

Best,
LT

Yeah I know I need to get them enclosed. I’m trying to figure out a way to have space for training but also having them enclosed.

The only solution I came up with is roller type shades that I can pull down along side the plants and roll up when I need to work on them.

I hate having tight working spaces.

I really need to back away from dwc and rdwc. I like the cabs that palindrome makes. If I could find a way to do it without heating up my dwc much id do that and have removable sides so I could train. But I’d more than likely have to do ebb and flow or DTW in a setup like that.