Learning to breed....help

You might want to move your post to the trade thread.

1 Like

Im learning to breedā€¦But I ainā€™t got seeds.

You should get some seeds or clones to start then :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Blu-Tri . You just put in laymanā€™s terms everything Iā€™ve read. I know what I now have to do, but first I got to make sure itā€™s what I want to do. Hopefully I get a nice short and squatty fruity gassy plant hybrid. If not, oh f****** well

1 Like

I read how years ago this way - The first and only way to Pollenate was to take the pollen collection and put it in a small trash bag and put it right over the entire lower branch and tie it with a twist tie and lightly shake the entire branch to activate the Pollen dust. Now if this is Incorrect please fill e In?

I dunno, I never saw trash bags over plants in the wildā€¦

Thereā€™s many ways to pollenate. Brushing on buds with a paintbrush, open pollenation with a fan, shaking branches in a bagā€¦ The bag technique is meant to minimize pollenation elsewhere on the plant.

I collected pollen from my males, dried it a few days, and brushed it on my buds with a model paintbrush. Worked plenty fine for me, and drove home the point of using the bag afterwards as even buds I didnā€™t dust were still pollenated on those plantsā€¦

I just watched youtube a guy with a pollen collector like a pen and took a swab and just touched the fem plant lightly with the swab and that was itā€¦

1 Like

Once you get started breeding, you willing learn how to pick the different phenos. The better versions of the pheno that you use in your cross the better the next version can be as you breed them.
Write everything down. Once the different pheno start popping, itā€™s easy to get overwhelmed and loose track of what you originally set out to do.
Good luck.

2 Likes

The first time you get some pollen you will notice just how fine and powdery the dust is. Easy to pick up on a cotton swab or paintbrush and lightly dust your ladies with (trust me, no need to be rough!)

Iā€™ve collected pollen in pollen boxes, on tin foil and in centrifuge vials. Fresh pollen is the best, but if you plan to save some for a little later, be sure to dry it! Wet pollen will mold in no timeā€¦

1 Like