Is this ready to pollenate?

So I know there is are these ready to harvest thread. I personally need and hopefully others a IS THIS READY TO POLLENATE? Just want to make sure not to soon but not to late. Let’s see if this takes. CHEERS!

These are outdoor potted.

12 Likes

Those are in the prime, 18-24 days into flower is the prime time

10 Likes

Thanks man! These are outside and was no “flip” not experienced enough to tell by site. So Bruce banner #3 x blue kush. Bruce banner #3 x Chocolate diesel?:thinking:

4 Likes

Judging from watching grow after grow, once u see things stretch and see viable pistils and marble buds starting then ur rounding right around 2 weeks or shortly after, pollen making contact with any of those visible pistils will fertilize the calyx its attached to, thats all buds are is the calyx forming and stacking a bunch of em, if not fertilized they end up a hollow resin gland layered in trichomes and if fertilized then the magic beans , if the pistil finds pollen then it creates a seed in its designated calyx. Works even on the female preflowers in the armpits regardless of plant cycle, the earlier u get it to fertilize the better chance the seed that formed is gonna be fully mature.

I think ur right at the prime for a dusting. Knowing u have a shaded spot many outdoor grows started about 3rd week of July including my own so I’d say ur about 2-3 weeks into ur flower. Just keep in mind that from fertilization date it’s gonna take 4-6 weeks for the seed to mature and why 2-3 week is best as most plants and hybrids these days are a 8-9 week finish time

I usually expect to harvest outdoor around Halloween give or take and halloweed as I like to call it but early finishers maybe a few weeks early and long finish sativas close to thanksgiving

8 Likes

Not ready

Ready

After, it’s a question of productivity and what can handle the vigor of the plant.

8 Likes

It takes like 4 wks for my inside buds to look like that!

2 Likes

Ya and why I’d highly disagree, with that far along u want mature seeds before the desired chop date, if ur 4-5 weeks before dusting ur gonna have to let em go 10+ weeks, u can leave it longer to ripen but for personal prefence we wanna harvest at ideal

3 Likes

She obviously just finish to form the very first buds … but why not.
You can pollinate as fast than the very first translucent pistils also, why not too after all ^^

I’ve to show that she’s ok i guess

She have at least a good month and half in front of her … far enough to build some coconuts.

3 Likes

I mean as long as there is pistils it will take, u keep applying every 3 days for two weeks as more pistils form then the seed numbers are only gonna increase, just depends on how heavily seeded u want ur donor, but a hit with it now is only gonna give a more solid guarantee for mature seeds before the plants lifecycle ends

As for the 4-5 week some do find that as a breeding preference for also enjoying the smoke it came from. Once a plant gets pollenated it shifts itself from resin and trichome production to seed production so some old school growers are firm believers on letting the frost come before knocking the bitch up for a lil better seeded potency

U wanna have a solid branch then just pull out a paintbrush and paint all the visible pistils on it and keep doing it twice a week for a couple weeks and it’s guaranteed seeds given the pollen is viable

5 Likes

a plant needs 6 weeks to mature out seeds generally, so if you have a known 10 week strain just make sure you have your breeding done by day 28 this will allow your seeds the time to mature. if breed to late your seeds will not mature and you will get a lot of white soft un usable seeds and that’s not the goal.

if running longer flowering sativas you can do the same math, how ever the heavy sats are a bit harder to judge.

peace …

6 Likes

Holy crap, I just learned a boat load.
Im now where near attempting to pollenate anything atm, but this is a great starting point.
I’ve gotta go find some threads on how to, when to, or if I should even try with only my second grow, about 2 weeks in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thanks growchachos for the detailed explanations and reasons for it. :pray:

5 Likes

Check this out as well.

3 Likes

Because it’s necessary to show the things at one point.

Coconuts of an half centimeter are already everywhere on the plants, only 3 days after the last pollinated picture i shown.

It’s cannabis, not fucking apple trees.

More to come, the tittle is too good to don’t do it one time for good.

3 Likes

This was started last week

2 Likes

Thanks @fuel and @G-paS

Self pollination. 3 branches of the same IBG

3 Likes

What do pollenated buds look like? I hit my bb#3 1 branch 4 times over a week with blue kush pollen. I can’t tell if it took. Yes I saw a few hairs turn brown right away but I can’t find any swollen calyx. I kinda looks like unpollenated bud just more leaves in the way.idk

I use feminized pollen. How much earlier do you all flip the father to 12/12? I usually do about one to two weeks and it seems to work out well.

I can’t tell ya that this is gifted Pollen and I’ve never collected.

Look like this, a bit more than~3 weeks after pollination. Heavy pollination.

Count one week in general to feel the seed in the flower with your fingers (the difference from one strain to another can be wide), take it as inaccurate general info only. The one in the photo showed coconuts within three days.

2 Likes