Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

@lefthandseeds are you talking about jacks 321 or megacrop 321 nutrients methods?

1 Like

Here’s some more pictures from around the tent. Fungus gnats are a continuing pestilence on my life. I’ve been using 3mL of microbe lift bmc in the reservoir to no avail. Yellow stickies are down all over the place.

The RSC phenos are looking crazy with insane bud clusters. Some leaves are starting to turn really nice colors on the Black Lebs. Leb27 pheno (the one with P def) looks very similar to the mom, but still doing much better this time. No nanners or intersex yet, but I’m sure I’ll get at least a few.

22 Likes

I’m currently using Southern Ag 5-11-26, which is similar to other 5-11-26 formulas like Jacks, peters, etc. I think megacrop has a 5-11-26 too though. It’s probably the most standard hydroponic nutrient formula.

But starting in flower, I’ve been adding 0.5g of fertilome 9-58-8 and switching at mid-flower to the end with 0.5g 0-52-34 MKP added to the formula.

I think if I had more uniformity, I could just boost the EC on some of them to help. But because of how things worked out, I am balancing out a lot of phenos in a lot of different stages. So I’m only topping out around 1.9 EC right now. They’ll still do alright, but there’s always room to improve.

8 Likes

Oh OK :ok_hand: :blush::pray:

1 Like

Jack’s is actually the oddball in the industry with their 5-12-26 formula. I think they also have a little more magnesium in the bag. But 11 vs 12 is pretty much inconsequential for these. They need a LOT more than any other plants I’ve ever grown. That said, I think Jack’s formula is slightly better than other brands for that reason… 11 is just a little scant.

I’d like to see something like a 5-18-26 formula. I think it would work better pretty much universally for cannabis without any detrimental effects. It would also be slightly more acidic, which is nice if you add a little silica anyway.

8 Likes

Image in there of magnesium deficiency -looks a lot like what you picture above for P I have a tough time telling the difference.

3 Likes

I think P deficiency looks more “blotchy” while Mg deficiency is interveinal. At least that’s usually what I go on.

That’s usually what I think of for Mg, where you can see the veins in the leaves.

15 Likes

Day 39 Flower

Here’s this weeks updates. The Black Lebs clones are well seeded with some Black Leb BX seeds. You can see they’re starting to take more coloration. I think they have about 2 weeks left, so we should start to see a lot of color action on these pretty soon. They smell nice, piney more toward a pineapple than a pine tree, maybe some herbal, tart smells. Great line from Geneseeds.

The RSC leaning phenos continue to blow my mind. The quad-top is so bizarre! The other one is just developing a totally packed top cola with really fat side colas.

One of the youngest plants pictured is taking a shining toward the Black Lebanese side of things, while her other sister of similar age is toward Blue Hemp. They’re all drinking hard right now, and this week really sucked up a lot of water. They still seem happy flooding 2x per day in the hydroton. I think these plants really prefer dryness in their roots, and I doubt I’ll go back to feeding them more than that – or have to increase it by the end of flowering.

Last point of note is that I’ve started mixing my own nutrient solution from scratch, and am off the 321. After having been an experimenter and student of nutrients for a couple years, I’ve spent the last year or so calculating scratch formulas and am finally ready to make the leap. That’s all about that for now, but if all my plants are dead next week, it’s because I messed up. :joy:

32 Likes

Hey Lefthand, fantastic photos of the plants! The day after you posted that update I started the Panama Haze x Lebanese :grinning: They’re off to a great start :grin:

Can’t wait to see the colour on those, and are the rsc leaner phenos quad top on the lowers as well?

I hope you were joking when you said about them dying lol, my heart dropped :sob: I’m sure whether you dialed in a super solid custom @lefthandseeds proprietary formula, or just winged it, it’ll be all good.

6 Likes

That’s great! @Papalag showed a very inspiring grow of that cross, with a really pretty haze pheno.

The RSC phenos are both super weird and very interesting. The quad top may be starting to turn black now as well. I’ve never seen bud develop like these.

Custom nutrients are going very well so far. lol I wasn’t really being serious about my plants dying. I have enough confidence by now to know they wouldn’t. I’m looking forward to trying it from earlier in the grow. Most of the plants are past their highest nutrient demands now.

I’ll get some more pics up tomorrow or Sunday!

14 Likes

Thanks man, yeah @Papalag definitely knocked it out the park with that one. Highly inspiring.

If the quad top turns black I’ll be blown away! Looks like you’re bringing out some amazing stuff in those genetics.

I figured you were just messing with everyone (or maybe just me lol) I know you got this. You should 100% use a custom blend start to finish next grow.

Thanks again :pray: those rsc phenos are quite fascinating and have me intrigued. Looking forward to seeing that colour pop in the coming weeks!

5 Likes

Day 44 Flower

I’m getting a lot of color filling in this round. It’s been colder in my basement than it usually is in the winter due to the air conditioning being on. So I think that might also be helping the colors along.

First photo is the scraggly Leb27 pheno, followed by 4 photos of the RSC phenos. After that is a nice looking Black/Blue Leb starting to fill nicely in and leaning toward Black Leb, and some Black Leb clones needing to be strung up, bearing plenty of backcross seeds.

I think the 3 Black Leb clones I have running now should be finishing inside of ~1 week. Along with them, the Leb27 pheno might also be done soon as well. The RSC phenos don’t yet have a lot of orange pistils. I would bet they’re at least 2 weeks out. The other 2 stragglers were started behind the others and might take 3-4 weeks. One of those is pretty scraggly, and looks like it’s going to be pushing bud apex nanners and I’ll probably cull it early. I have 4 plants cramped into my smaller 4x4 tent that can take spots at any time. One is a nice looking leb that’s just starting to bud.

The rsc phenos are actually quite amusing to me. The way they stack bud is totally bizarre, and I might want to grow some offspring from them. They’re already crossed to black/blue leb, so their seeds will be a backcross. I used the tall branchy male on them to offset their crazy compact structure.

29 Likes

Those Lebanese plants are really something. I really dig the structure of them. Beautiful plants!

5 Likes

Colors!

First two are a nice black and blue leb I have going. Fingers crossed I don’t get nannaz. Last one is black leb clone.

33 Likes

That quad flower top plant is amazingly wacky! So cool

5 Likes

It kind of reminds me of some Iranian pictures I’ve seen before. Definitely some crazy stuff!

8 Likes

Beautiful colours over there :kissing_heart:, much interested in how you managed this grow, love the results … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Beautiful plant! Really liking both the colors and the structure! :+1:

6 Likes

Another magnificent update, you’re really killing it with these Lebanese brother. Can’t wait to see how much colour comes through in the end, and how those quad tops finish!! :grinning:

6 Likes

Beautiful plants love the colors you have coming in looks to be stacking great too going to be a lot of fun watching this all unfold also like the details you put in your updates a lot good info

4 Likes