Afghaniganza Part 4: Gahn baby gahn

Wooo Woooo Lefty’s back on the Afghan train. I’ve retired my old threads and am starting fresh. This time installment of Afghaniganza will feature an Afghan/Lebanese hybrid I’ve made. It’s a cross of my favorite Afghan - Black Afghani from USC, along with a potent, jet-black Lebanese from Geneseeds.

Both sides come with great smells and tastes. From the Black Afghani side, we get complex sour/fuel/berry/crackers. From the Lebanese, pineapple and hash. The Black Afghani has a typical lowland Afghan shape, with apical dominance and minimal branching. The Lebanese has two phenos, one apical and one very branched. Both will be featured here and hopefully perpetuated into the line.

I’ve been scrambling to get my treepots flood and drain system put together, and I’ve just started a bunch of seedlings. Germination was 16/20… not great, but good enough. For the first time, I’ll be flowering in ebb&flow bucket system. I can take up to 12, so I’ll cull a few when they’re ready.

Here we goooooooo.

59 Likes

Awesome! First one in!! :grinning:

17 Likes

Got a seat next to you. That sounds like a good hunt.
What are you looking to get from each in the hunt?

12 Likes

A nice trip to the middle east…err… I mean the grow room. Effin’ sweet, man!!! Let 'er rip!!!

13 Likes

I’d say the strengths of the Afghan are top notch indica high, attractive and unusual terpenes and pretty decent yield. Cons are botrytis potential, hermaphroditic traits in the line and long-ish flower time (up to 11 weeks for the best phenos), as well as slow growth from being an IBL. The Lebanese could complement it well. Strengths are some branchy phenos, seems to have good botrytis resistance also good potency, low flowering time, cool black foliage. Weaknesses are high seems “thin”, yield is low.

So I’ve got a pretty big wish list, and I think I’ll need to inbreed a few generations to get everything I want. My highest priorities are keeping that full body high the black Afghan has, finding some interesting smells and tastes and selecting sexually stable plants. Those are always top for me… I go for connoisseur herb first and foremost in any situation. After that, yield and botrytis resistance. I hate losing herb to rot… Then all other things equal, short flowering times are always awesome and plants that look cool.

There’s a pretty long wish list in there. But this is also a bit of a discovery run for me. I’ll probably use all good males I get and pick one female that I like best to make a small amount of F2s. And then depending on how much I like what I find in them, I’ll decide later on if I want to continue to F3.

27 Likes

Great wish list. :crossed_fingers::pray:t2: Good luck :four_leaf_clover::+1:

9 Likes

Good luck on the grow @lefthandseeds !!

I’ll be following this thread day and night :sweat_smile::heart_eyes::fist:

10 Likes

Sounds good boss. Let me settle in for this one!!

3 Likes

I gotta get in one this, can’t wait to see some dark plants

4 Likes

I’ll be following along as well. This is gonna be interesting! :grinning:

5 Likes

Going to be a crowded room. Let me get my seat earlier to join in. Should be a great grow.

6 Likes

Pulling up a chair. Very interesting and educational!!

5 Likes

Geez it’s getting crowded in the front row already… move over ya buggers!
:couch_and_lamp: :popcorn: :movie_camera:
That’s better, let the games begin!! :+1: :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Last one to the party is suppose to being the smoke. Pass the joint @Gpaw. :grin:

9 Likes

@lefthandseeds I love watching you work! Looking forward to this ride. Blessings

5 Likes

Got to love a good Afghani

6 Likes

Is it ok to pull up a Foot Stool also? @lefthandseeds Shows have the reputation of being so “relaxing”!!! Best of luck, stay safe and, do be well…now, pass the damn popcorn!!!

6 Likes

I’ll take a handful of them :popcorn: buds :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Let the games begin.
Rock The Casbah!
Please.

2 Likes

Heck yeah!! I’ll be watching this one! :+1:

ps. I’m going to be flowering out a couple of Baharak Hindu Kush males if you are interested in any pollen. :v:

4 Likes