LED options for my 2x2x4

Yeah, that thread kicks add, it’s the reason I built my filing cabinet. Check it out! Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

3 Likes

No doubt you can grow with them, like CFLs, but like CFLs, there are much better options available to small space growers today. The Samsung and Bridgelux mid-power LED strips deliver almost twice the efficiency (lumens/watt) of CFLs and these LED “bulbs” - which are just a few LEDs on a PCB disk, covered with a plastic globe. If you like the LED bulbs, you’ll love the strips. -b420

6 Likes

FWIW, I tried 4 or 5 different LED bulbs for veg over the last couple years and none worked very well for me. Leaves never turned dark green & glossy under the LED bulbs, and I see many similar-looking plants in the ICmag thread.

I’m using a horticulture-designed LED veg lamp now and it works great, it wasn’t cheap though.

6 Likes

I never had a problem with them especially during veg but everyone’s grow is different. Once they get past this point it’s on to the 315

3000k 10W 1.25 ea veg @ 30W sq foot.

the set up pictured cost me 40 dollars to cobble together and 75% is in the socket cleats making it stupid affordable if a led fails i pull out the wallet and screw in a replacement in any color i desire.

untill the price comes down 1200/1500 for the real gear or i cant take it any more.im running my 315’s Kraven is killing it and LED seeds is beyond my comprehension with his fluence on a mover and in a big way worth the investment for sure, but for the budget minded you are not in very deep. That was the point I was trying to make I will go away now

6 Likes

those do look really good - looks like you’re blending spectrums - is it random or are you trying to use certain bulbs together?

2 Likes

For veg=blue 3K and higher. For flower = 3K blue/natural white and lower (the only reason i say that is the 315 Is 3100K and does both well) warm white= more reds.

I am told it does not matter but I’ll stick to what the old science says atm. I personally have not flowered with them and used them as supplemental lighting effectively where the 315 drops off after 3x3 but these will do the job no doubt I know three guys utilizing them in some fashion.

I can never keep it straight here is a chart

7 Likes

LEDs are cheap., ehem .

1 Like

Honestly in retrospect I would go Fluors and small led cos led has problems like gaps between diodes in wavelength of light and missing spectrum cfl has full and no hz it glows

What are you trying to say? I’ll show you mine, if you show us ALL yours.
:sleepy:

what size are the pots in the bottom pic ?

those are 6x6x6 hugo rockwool cubes not really pots. stacked on a unislab , so roughly equivalent to 5-7 gal bucket.of soil

LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower Dimmable COB LED Grow Light for Marijuana BloomBeast A520 520w 13 Band with UV IR 3 Dimmers hydroponics Growing Lamps (5 Years Warranty) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075WY1Z7Y/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_KEyLAbYXK1S7Z

I have been reading that bloombeast has been running into overheating and some cases fire issues… worth a google.( love that line from batman legos lol)

i had one of the first units with no issued the issue started when the demand started they were running out of them and they were lacking of a person for quality control , finally they hire somebody and are not rushing stuff but raised the prices and i think they are nearly stopping to sell in amazon because they are selling more expensive in ebay and is selling because in my opinion are goon units i can talk about the A520 because is the one i have the other ones i have seen good results out there

1 Like

as a cheapskate i can personally verify this. :slight_smile:
i even see a variation in CREE screw-in’s vs. generic’s. hehe

c.s